`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Packaging Horror Story
09-06-2012, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 01:30 PM by Jayhawkaholic.)
Sad Packaging Horror Story
Here's one of those things that will make your stomach churn, I just purchased a 1909-1911 T206 Common off of eBay, great condition 2+ ish.. Then the seller shipped it in a crap old software disc case with packing tape.. Safe to say you can downgrade it's condition significantly now. I've had some really bad luck since I started trying to get back into collecting.

Here's an imgur link showing the paperloss: http://imgur.com/6Ttgh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Packaging Horror Story
(09-06-2012 11:20 AM)Jayhawkaholic Wrote:  Here's one of those things that will make your stomach churn, I just purchased a 1909-1911 T206 Common off of eBay, great condition 2+ ish.. Then the seller shipped it in a crap old software disc case with packing tape.. Safe to say you can downgrade it's condition significantly now. I've had some really bad luck since I started trying to get back into collecting.

Here's an imgur link showing the paperloss: http://imgur.com/6Ttgh

Sorry to hear about that. Now I know why I get so many feedbacks about my shipping. It may cost a little more to buy my cards, but I do ship them well protected. Every card ships in a penny sleeve and top loader. Then they are wrapped in paper if there are multiple cards to keep them from moving. Once that is done, I sandwich the card or paper wrapped cards within 2 pieces of cardboard. Then everything is placed within a poly mailing envelope. On average it costs me $1.64 for 4 cards to ship but I don't have to worry about the condition when it is received unless it fell out of a plane or was run over by an 18 wheeler Smile

dapanther
10-07-2012, 08:05 PM
What a bummer. -Can't believe someone wouldn't take a little more care to pack/ship properly.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*
10-20-2012, 08:11 AM
You would like to think someone with a card like that would know how to ship it. What was the seller's feedback like?

I look for career Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, Fire, Red Stars, and Sky players in their respective Halls of Fame. Add to that list some personal favorites on the current rosters, and everything else in my collection is up for trade.
10-28-2012, 08:42 AM
You should have asked them how it's being shipped. When I buy cards on ebay I always make sure you can return it, only so much can be seen through photos. Whoever you bought it from was an idiot. Dapanther is right the higher the feedback the more likely they are shipping correctly and have an accurate description.
10-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Its true, In this hobby you have to trust feedback. Chances are if they have been packing cards well for a while they will have great feedback.

http://s894.photobucket.com/user/dan_dou_lea/library/