`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When good hits go bad

RE: When good hits go bad
Topps Twitter is pretty good and on facebook I messages Bowman baseball a few times and they've responded a few days later
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(09-06-2012, 07:45 AM)zeprock Wrote: Maybe you could mail it to Nolan Ryan and ask him to please sign it.
That's a great idea!!
(09-05-2012, 09:48 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: My experience a few weeks ago with the 20 packs for $20 box at Walmart got the best of me again tonight

After ripping a handful of packs and landing a Ryan Braun rookie, Aroldis Chapman rookie, a Josh Thole '11 Heritage Chrome refractor, I turned my attention to the pack of '04 Fleer Greats of the Game. As I opened it I saw what I thought was a pack filler and thought nothing of it. As I got closer I saw there was writing on the back. I flipped it over and immediately wanted to vomit, knowing this was something I want, but can never have.

I can't get a hit to save my life from new stuff, but this one, this one has me considering never touching anything more than 2 years old again.

[Image: 4c798224.jpg]
I'm interested to see what happens, seeing as how I ONLY collect Nolan Ryan.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

That really is a pretty amazing idea. I do know, however, that at least when he was playing, Nolan didn't sign items that came in. You'd get the item back along with a hand-signed postcard-like thing. Maybe that's changed now that he's not playing.
Kepler

(09-06-2012, 08:43 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: That really is a pretty amazing idea. I do know, however, that at least when he was playing, Nolan didn't sign items that came in. You'd get the item back along with a hand-signed postcard-like thing. Maybe that's changed now that he's not playing.
If you send it to The Nolan Ryan Foundation, I'm relatively sure that he would sign it.

what a bummer; getting him to sign it would be cool
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I'm starting to lean toward sending it to Mr. Ryan himself to try and get it signed. Upper Deck responded to my Twitter picture and the response was: "this was from before we took over the Fleer name. All prizes were awarded trough the court during their bancruptcy."

I wasn't expecting anything given I knew it was before they took over, but something would've been nice.
Kepler

(09-06-2012, 07:45 AM)zeprock Wrote: Maybe you could mail it to Nolan Ryan and ask him to please sign it.
I'm shocked "as all get out" that I didn't think of this myself!! I must be slipping or something.

Now Upper Deck is on my list: they decided to reply to a tweet that one of my friends sent out with a link to abcfleer.com, which explains UD's responsibilities under the bankruptcy.

Their tweet: again, this was not something we ever had anything to do with. Try visiting http://Fleerabc.com .

They do, however, refuse to acknowledge that I never said they were responsible for anything, just that it would be a nice gesture. I'm glad they've tanked now. lol
Kepler