`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Luck MOJO from WalMart Hanger!

Andrew Luck MOJO from WalMart Hanger!

There were four of those $14.99 hangers left at my LWM, the ones with the guaranteed rookie jersey, so I went for it.

First one ... Blammo! Andrew Luck!

Second one ... Robert Turbin ... this year's Jordan Todman? I was bummed because at first I thought I had pulled Russell Wilson.

Also got a gold parallel of Cam Newton's base card, pretty sweet.

Third one ... Kendall Wright ... the "other" guy from Baylor would have been better, but it's a very nice looking card.

(The Turbin is, too, I'm being too hard on him.)

Fourth one ... Bernard Pierce. Although, the box did contain a base Luck RC as well as a Luck/Plunkett insert.

Overall, I was pretty happy.

RE: Andrew Luck MOJO from WalMart Hanger!
Nice Luck. Pack 1 huh? I might have returned the other 3 hangers before I opened 'em lol

(09-05-2012, 01:24 PM)mtadams2 Wrote: Nice Luck. Pack 1 huh? I might have returned the other 3 hangers before I opened 'em lol
Actually, I thought about that, because the Luck jersey is exactly the specific card I was looking for ... if I would have known then what I know now, I probably should have done it.

But I do like the Wright jersey, and you never know with the Turbin and the Pierce.

Of course, if I would have done that and mentioned it on here, I'm pretty sure I would get a bunch of people ripping on me for returning "dud" boxes, even though they're still sealed.

You know, some sort of anti "pack searching" honor code, even though it's not really the same thing.

I remember at the LCS around here (it's closed now), the owner used to let this one guy rip packs until he found the hits, and then open a new box and rip until he found the hits in that one, and then the owner would put all the "dud" packs back in one box.

It was pretty funny the day a different guy came in and tore the owner a new one, because he ripped all the dud packs and didn't pull any hits, and the owner couldn't explain it.

If I remember right, he argued until he wasn't charged for any of the packs.

I actually pulled that same Luck jumbo patch! Pretty good pull from a Hanger at Wal-Mart lol. Mine's already up on Ebay though, I'm going to flip it to buy more cards Big Grin
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

lucky duck, the colts fan here can't even get his base rc Sad
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(09-05-2012, 02:26 PM)Magnifico21 Wrote: I actually pulled that same Luck jumbo patch! Pretty good pull from a Hanger at Wal-Mart lol. Mine's already up on Ebay though, I'm going to flip it to buy more cards Big Grin
My patch was plain white ... yours?
(09-05-2012, 02:28 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: lucky duck, the colts fan here can't even get his base rc Sad
Tough ... Luck?

Sorry, I know. Not much to work with.

Nice luck
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(09-05-2012, 04:51 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Nice luck
Thank you, I was pretty happy with it ... the closest LCS is like 30 minutes from here, and I work nights and watch my kids during the day, so getting over there is tough to buy hobby stuff.

Pretty good retail consolation prize, I think.

(09-05-2012, 04:43 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: My patch was plain white ... yours?

Tough ... Luck?

Sorry, I know. Not much to work with.
Same here,
[Image: IMAG0078.jpg]
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

The report today about the fake mem guy getting busted has me worried all of a sudden ... not that I had a huge investment in the Luck card, but I'd at least like to believe he wore the jersey at the Rookie Premiere ...