Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WORST break EVER - 2012 Leaf Best of Basketball

RE: WORST break EVER - 2012 Leaf Best of Basketball
That Barry is a smexily designed card. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

i think you are being a little hard on this break, an elgin baylor rc card auto, rick barry oncard exquisite auto 1/25, a limed logos auto (sucks that its brand), and a pippen auto /10. ive seen much much worse from this product.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(09-05-2012, 04:19 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: i think you are being a little hard on this break, an elgin baylor rc card auto, rick barry oncard exquisite auto 1/25, a limed logos auto (sucks that its brand), and a pippen auto /10. ive seen much much worse from this product.
+1, I'd actually be happy if I hit that! It's all guys I like lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(09-05-2012, 04:19 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: i think you are being a little hard on this break, an elgin baylor rc card auto, rick barry oncard exquisite auto 1/25, a limed logos auto (sucks that its brand), and a pippen auto /10. ive seen much much worse from this product.
+2 Pippen autos sell pretty good and the Baylor is a pretty sweet card, and it sounds like its already sold, lol, so I would be pretty happy with this break
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

I hardly see how it's bad break. You've got two all-time, HOF legends (Baylor, Barry) a pippen auto... how is that bad?

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(09-05-2012, 07:43 PM)taffster74 Wrote: I hardly see how it's bad break. You've got two all-time, HOF legends (Baylor, Barry) a pippen auto... how is that bad?
Its bad when you paid over $1,000.00 for this case and collectors wont even buy an Elgin Baylor, Rick Barry, and/or an Elton Brand.

i understand their status as HOFers... However, people are not paying Thousands of dollars to receive a case with these guys on it. I would have understood if one of the boxes inlcuded one of them and the other could have been Kobe, MJ, LB, DRose, etc. But all three boxes?

Its so NOT fair that Brina Gray (Leaf Owner) personnally called my cellphone to talk to me about this case... I am currently waiting on a package from him as a token of his appreciation... That is how bad this case was/is.

opening boxes is a gamble as you know. i wish companies would send me stuff everytime im on the losing side of the break. the pippen, the baylor, and possibly the barry would all sell for more then 90% of the kobes in this product. so how did you go about getting the owner to call you? at first i was under the impression this was not a case, thats why i really felt like you did good, but i still believe you did better then alot of people have. If all cases had a jordan or lebron that sold for $500, there would not be a case of this stuff left.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(09-06-2012, 08:39 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: opening boxes is a gamble as you know. i wish companies would send me stuff everytime im on the losing side of the break. the pippen, the baylor, and possibly the barry would all sell for more then 90% of the kobes in this product. so how did you go about getting the owner to call you? at first i was under the impression this was not a case, thats why i really felt like you did good, but i still believe you did better then alot of people have. If all cases had a jordan or lebron that sold for $500, there would not be a case of this stuff left.
I basically contacted Leaf, left a message on his phone and he called me back. Great person and very customer friendly.

Good luck getting an MJ or LeBron auto in leaf - they are ud exclusives and only sign for UD. Ditto for Derek Rose. Kobe ... panini. And as Ping said, buying boxes/case/packs is like playing the lottery - you win some, you lose some. We can't always get what we want.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(09-06-2012, 06:50 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Good luck getting an MJ or LeBron auto in leaf - they are ud exclusives and only sign for UD. Ditto for Derek Rose. Kobe ... panini. And as Ping said, buying boxes/case/packs is like playing the lottery - you win some, you lose some. We can't always get what we want.
The cards in Leaf BOB are cards that were graded and resold. He could, as I believe I've seen some, pull a Kobe, LeBron, MJ or Durant AU from another box if he gets one.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards