Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jordan RC Grading Question

Jordan RC Grading Question
Hi,

I am just getting back into cards after about a 8-9 year break. When i left grading was just starting to pick up steam. As i'm getting back into it, i'm noticing grading is critical for vintage condition sensitive cards.

Long story short, i have a Jordan RC i am thinking about grading, but i am looking for at least a 6.5, hopefully a 7. Since i have never had Beckett grade any of my cards, any first time advice? Or how to save on grading, as it seems very expensive. Please take a look at the card below, and let me know about how you think it may be graded?

Photobucket

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Jordan RC Grading Question
the attachments never work on this site, upload the pixs to a photobucket then post the /img code into the thread. We'll be glad to help then!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Thanks for your help. I think i got it. Go Blue. It's a little hard to get a good view of the corners, but there is a close up on the slide show.

I've been doing a little research, and i'm seeing they have a 8$ September sale if you have 10+ Cards graded. So i've been doing the math in my head. If i just get the MJ graded it's 11$ plus 14$ shipping and 8$ insurance = 33$?? But if i do 10 cards * 8$ plus the same 14 shipping and 8 insurance it's only 102$?? Am i correct in this? So really due to shipping/insurance there is never really a good time to grade just one or two cards.

Also i'm assuming they give more slack to older vintage cards, opposed to current products out there?

How does the lowest grade option work too?? If i put the lowest acceptable grade is 8.5, and it's a 8. Do i still get charged for the whole thing or partially?

Thanks!!!

1) You get charged for the whole thing even if they declare it a fake MJ RC. I don't think that it is fake, I am just saying that if you ever ship a card to them...you are charged a grading fee if a grader looks at it, EVEN if it is refused a slab for almost any reason.

2) Grading a card by itself is never an economically sound option with any grading service.

3) If you think you will hurt the value of that MJ with a low grade.. have the blue authenication service done instead. Just the authentication when getting a grade increases the value compared to your current raw version.... but I think you would increase the value of that on with a BGS 6 or better. I would grade it.

Now with what I can tell by your pics you are probably looking at a 6.5 at best with the centering and edges being what they are. A BGS 7 is possible but a longshot. That is just my opinion.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Thanks for the advice. I think it would be worth it to go with the grade opposed to authenticating it. I only have about 4 other grade-worthy cards. I have to agree with you assessment. It could def be in the 6 range.