`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more 2011 Update fun, but 1 card damaged!

more 2011 Update fun, but 1 card damaged!
So I got another box of 2011 Topps Update Hobby for a great price,(Dugout Zone, Ellicott City, MD...) and ripped 2 Trout Bases, a Hope Diamond Votto SP serial numbered to 60. And these 2 butes...THE ONLY DAMAGED CARD IN THE BOX WAS THE MOOSE! What would you do? The Moustakis is numbered 1/1, I didnt even know that variation was in the set...[Image: troutcognac.jpg] [Image: moose1of1.jpg]

RE: more 2011 Update fun, but 1 card damaged!
Seeing its a 1/1 i dont think they can do much.You should call them to see lmk know what happens if you do call i would love to know how they handle that.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

that really stinks - I would be more than happy to take it off of your hands!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Lmk if moustakas is for trade.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

That sucks, a 1/1 RC damaged...Maybe if you send it in to Topps they'll send it back and give you something extra. Sweet box, though.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

I know! Of all the cards in the box...But I guess if they are seeded via collation machine then it makes sense. I have good offers even damaged so I'm not sure, but I am going to call Topps Tomorrow...

nice stuff, cool lookin trout rookie..that sucks about the damaged card and go figure itd be a 1/1 i wonder how topps would go about replacing that..

is it even feasible to do so? since the printing plates are probably in someone's PC?
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Oh they will not replace the exact card, but one of equal value, though I wonder how they will value it...

I think it would still do well in an auction setting. I have sold a few damaged 1/1's in auction, and they will still sell surprisingly well. Because the guy that needs that to finish his set doesn't care that there is a blemish on the edge. He'll buy it in any condition, in order to finish the set or rainbow. At least I know I would.

There are several Wakefield 1/1's I would buy even if they were damaged. I would take it in any condition, because its the only one.
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*