`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Last Blaster Rule ... Chrome Hot Box Style!

Last Blaster Rule ... Chrome Hot Box Style!

Sort of ... there were two boxes left.

Of course, I bought one, left the store, busted it in the car (nothing great, a Kelvin Herrera sepia refractor/75 was the big hit), and decided it would bug me all night if I left the last one there.

So I went back in, bought the last one, and noticed that the four-pack of purple refractor cards was the front pack in the stack instead of the last pack.

I thought, hmmmm, maybe it's a hot box.

Yep — seven packs of purple refractors, the best ones were RCs of Lawrie and Montero.

Not a great box, but fun to say I joined the club.

RE: Last Blaster Rule ... Chrome Hot Box Style!
good thing you went back and grabed that 2nd box..always cool to get a hot box.

Good call on going back for that 2nd box.....congrats dude!!
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

(09-01-2012, 09:07 PM)jeterfan5128 Wrote: good thing you went back and grabed that 2nd box..always cool to get a hot box.
Yeah, it's a first for me ... although, I have to admit, once you get past the excitement of realizing it's a hot box, you realize it's still Chrome, so you still have a very small stack of cards ... they're just purple now.

But, it was fun while it lasted. Was hoping for a Harper or Cespedes, but no dice.
(09-02-2012, 01:17 PM)75toppsfan Wrote: Good call on going back for that 2nd box.....congrats dude!!
Thank you ... although I basically almost always do that. Half the time I'm like "I'm glad I did that ..." and half the time I'm like "Should have quit while I was ahead" ... so I should just save the extra trip and buy them both.

Although, one early November morning last fall, there was this lonely little blaster of Bowman Chrome left at Target ...

BLAMMO!

[Image: Harper1.jpg]

Nice purple box
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(09-05-2012, 05:01 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Nice purple box
Thank you, the coloring on the Lawrie really looks nice ...

Yea man I opened a Chrome blaster just like it from my local Target. Every card except for three of them were refractors! It was pretty sweet!