`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gahhhh Hank Aaron Altered

RE: Gahhhh Hank Aaron Altered
From your scan I can see right above the smaller full picture of Hank right above his cap its obvious it was trimmed. At least it was only $45 and not mupltiple hundreds. As always you learn from your mistakes as I do everyday...lol..........cheers!

That's not even where they said it was trimmed. On the paper they gave me, if you put the card vertical, it's the tops and bottoms I guess.

sorry to head it was trimed, cool card though..makes you wonder who actually altered it..

(09-01-2012, 08:59 PM)jeterfan5128 Wrote: sorry to head it was trimed, cool card though..makes you wonder who actually altered it..
I was thinking about that. I was going to email the guy I got it from because I was so pissed, but then I thought, this is a 57 year old card... It could have switched hands a dozen times.

You can tell it is trimmed. If you look at the left side of the top picture, it isn't straight. It is easier to see in the bottom picture- the back of the card. It is the left edge in that picture. See how the edge isn't even straight? That's rough man, still a cool card though. I have a couple that are altered as part of my "Black Sox" collection. Personally, I don't really care because vintage cards are more about what those cards represent than the cards themselves. (To me, anyway)

Ahhh I see it. It angles up near the top.

(09-01-2012, 11:48 PM)ShowerSongs Wrote: I was thinking about that. I was going to email the guy I got it from because I was so pissed, but then I thought, this is a 57 year old card... It could have switched hands a dozen times.
very true, only if cards could talk! atleast its an authentic 1955 topps hank aaron card! even ifs its altered/trimmed its still a very nice card...that is a 55' right? i think it is....i see it is a 55' says right there in the first sentence of the 1st post ha..

Yep it's a 55 and I'm still very happy with the card. What I was more focused on when I sent it in was more about the slab than the grade. I wouldn't have cared if I got a 2 on it, I just wanted it slabbed. I have it in the thinnest toploader ever because the card is too long for any other cases.