`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Conversation: What are some of your favorite 90's subsets?

Fun Conversation: What are some of your favorite 90's subsets?
In the mindset of collecting purely for fun (having nothing to do with trade value, sell value, autographs or mem), what are some of the subsets and inserts from the 90s that you enjoyed seeing in packs? Some that come to mind for me were the Donruss Diamond Kings, Upper Deck Homerun Heros, Score Dream Teams, Topps Black Gold and (maybe my favorite) were the 1992 Upper Deck Checklist cards...these had sketches of star players that were pretty cool. Worthless, but cool.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

RE: Fun Conversation: What are some of your favorite 90's subsets?
You are mixing subsets and inserts, but in either case the 1992 Score All-Star subset (with the big headed caricatures) were a lot of fun. However the Diamond Kings would have to be the best subset of the 80s (in the 1992 they changed from being a subset to being an insert).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-30-2012, 10:37 AM)djohn Wrote: You are mixing subsets and inserts...
Good call...corrected in the OP.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

Probably an insert, but my favorite were the '92 Pinnacle Shades. I just searched to find which year I had. I see a bunch of '97 Griffey shades. I don't like those as much.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

The '90s Pacific Die Cuts is the first thing I think of when talking about '90s cards. The late '90s anyway....
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

My fav would have to be the '91 or '92 Ultra All-Stars.The ones with the black marble are my fav but also enjoyed the grey marble as well.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]

(08-30-2012, 11:52 AM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: The '90s Pacific Die Cuts is the first thing I think of when talking about '90s cards. The late '90s anyway....
I remember pulling a Pacific die cut crown of Chuck Knoblach in the 90's. Thought it was the coolest thing!
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

I've always loved this set. Not hard to put together, though not all over the place, great design/feel, and excellent player selection. I wonder sometimes if UD didn't rob this design for their Ovation cards.

[Image: a3f3d22e-2472-477d-a6ea-c1a52d134fd1.jpg]

(08-30-2012, 11:52 AM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: The '90s Pacific Die Cuts is the first thing I think of when talking about '90s cards. The late '90s anyway....
This was my first thought too. Really fun and creative cards
[Image: Boston.jpg]