Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2012-13 Beckett.com Members ESPN Fantasy Basketball League

2012-13 Beckett.com Members ESPN Fantasy Basketball League
Good morning everyone,

Sorry for my absence of late, I've had quite a few things needing to be dealt with, and while that's not completely finished, I at least have a little bit of free time to get caught up on everything. Anyways, to the point of this post.

Last year was our first inaugural Beckett.com Members Fantasy Basketball league. I thought it went off pretty well. It was a pretty competitive league though I wouldn't say any or all of us are seasoned Fantasy League champions. The winner of last year's league was libs021 (I sadly came in 7th).

The league will again be on ESPN.com this year and I'm going to use the exact same setup for the league as I did last year (thank goodness they allow you to copy and paste your league settings). There is room for 20 members in the league and it will be by invite only. No Fantasy League experience is needed, this is only for fun.

If you are interested in joining the league, please send me a PM and we'll talk about it. Here is how the league is setup:

Format: League Manager
Roster Size: 12
Starters: 11
Bench: 1

Positions

Position Starters Maximum
Point Guard ( PG ) 2 No Limit
Shooting Guard ( SG ) 2 No Limit
Small Forward ( SF ) 2 No Limit
Power Forward ( PF ) 2 No Limit
Center ( C ) 2 4
Util ( UTIL ) 1 N/A
Bench ( BE ) 1 N/A

Scoring Type: Head to Head Each Category

Stats

Points (PTS) Steals (STL) Blocks (BLK) Assists (AST)
Offensive Rebounds (ORB) Defensive Rebounds (DRB) Rebounds (REB) Turnovers (TO)
Field Goals Made (FGM) Field Goals Attempted (FGA) Free Throws Mad (FTM) Free Throws Attempted (FTA)
Three Pointers Made (3PM) Three Pointers Attempted (3PA) Fields Goal Percentage (FG%) Free Throw Percentage (FT%)
Assists to Turnover Ratio (A/TO) Double Doubles (DD) Triple Doubles (TD) Minutes (MIN)

Lineup Changes: Daily - Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime
Player Acquisition System: Waivers
Season Acquisition Limit: No Limit
Matchup Acquisition Limit: 7 (for 7 day matchups)
Waiver Period: 1 Day
Waiver Order: Move to Last After Claim, Never Reset Order
Trade Limit/Trade Deadline: None/None
Trade Review Period: 2 Days
Votes Required to Veto Trade: 4
Regular Season Matchups: 19
Playoffs: Start week 20 (4 Teams, 2 rounds)
Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker: Head to Head Record
Draft Settings: Live
Draft Date: Not Set

Now, if you're wondering why there are so many stats being used in this league, it's because being a Pistons fan, I appreciate the need to assemble a complete and efficient team (one thing the Pistons haven't done the last three years, though it's looking promising). I don't think someone should win a week because they had LeBron James vs. Kevin Durant and Kevin played one less game, but he shot better from each part of the floor as compared to LeBron. The players you draft should be efficient, so know your basketball (I said Fantasy League experience isn't needed, but basketball knowledge is, Smile ). Also, if you wonder why I have the roster size so high, it's for the same reason. Ideally, you are a coach and a GM, and most teams play at most 12 players a game. This means that if we do fill up all 20 spots (not likely, but I can hope), then we'll be using 240 players total. One thing that might help you determine who you'd want on your team could be ESPN's NBA Player Rankings which is currently going on and they're just about to break the top 240.

Please, if you would like to join, try to be involved as much as possible. We need to come to a consensus draft date and I elect for that to be sometime between Oct. 16 and Oct. 28. This allows us to see some of Preseason and get it going just before the season starts. Also, most rosters on the teams should be set by then so you don't draft someone that doesn't make the team. And by being as involved as possible, I mean make sure that you set your lineups either each day or in advance. Occasionally, if I'm really busy, I'll set my lineup on Sunday for the entire week. I want this league to be fun but challenging at the same time.

If you're interested, send me a PM. This will only be open to active members on Beckett.com. No outside friends and nobody who is exclusively for other collecting sites. I would like this to be more for established members, but since Basketball seems to be the slowest on the site, I won't set any restrictions on Post Count, Trade Count/Feedback, etc. But please be trustworthy. Thank you very much, looking forward to your PMs.

(If you were a part of the league last year and want to be in it again, please let me know. You guys get first seating.)
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: 2012-13 Beckett.com Members ESPN Fantasy Basketball League
Pm'ed sent..

Jason I'm in for it again
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I'm in again. PM sent.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

I'm not very active on here anymore, but I assume I can still come back and defend my crown. Smile

(09-01-2012, 07:46 PM)libs021 Wrote: I'm not very active on here anymore, but I assume I can still come back and defend my crown. Smile
You are encouraged to try. Smile

some new blood might take you down... Pmed Smile
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

whoa.. i post and everyone stops adding to this.. man.
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(09-08-2012, 06:45 AM)antriarc Wrote: whoa.. i post and everyone stops adding to this.. man.
lol. I don't think it's that. The boards have been extremely slow and sadly not all collectors are into Fantasy sports. But that's why I made the thread as early as I did, so we had time to get players. Smile

its cool.. i have this trait that makes me a bit intimidating lol (its really difficult to smack talk fantasy sports)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups