`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading question about subs

Grading question about subs
I posted about my grades and have a question about a 86 Fleer Worthy that got a 8.5 final grade. The subs are Center: 9.5 Edges: 9.5 Corners: 9 and surface: 8. How is the final grade 8.5 with 3 subs 9 or better and the average grade with the subs is 9?

RE: Grading question about subs
(08-28-2012, 11:35 PM)hunteranddutches Wrote: I posted about my grades and have a question about a 86 Fleer Worthy that got a 8.5 final grade. The subs are Center: 9.5 Edges: 9.5 Corners: 9 and surface: 8. How is the final grade 8.5 with 3 subs 9 or better and the average grade with the subs is 9?
My understanding is that, well, nobody fully understands the system haha. The bottom grade does get weighted, however. You cannot have a grade more than one full point above the lowest subgrade regardless of the other grades. As a for instance, I have a card that got a 7, 9, 9.5, 9.5. Mathmatically that should be an 8.5, but it only got an 8.

That's probably not pretty helpful, but that's the best I can offer!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(08-29-2012, 12:40 AM)buckunteer Wrote: My understanding is that, well, nobody fully understands the system haha. The bottom grade does get weighted, however. You cannot have a grade more than one full point above the lowest subgrade regardless of the other grades. As a for instance, I have a card that got a 7, 9, 9.5, 9.5. Mathmatically that should be an 8.5, but it only got an 8.

That's probably not pretty helpful, but that's the best I can offer!
From my understanding as well, this is what I believe to be the case.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Different subs have different weights on the overall grade. Then there is that overall rule that the overall grade can't be higher than one point higher than the lowest subgrade.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Simply put, it not not a simple mean or median average but an odd combination of the two, algebraically.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.