• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are All The Hoops Breaks?

RE: Where Are All The Hoops Breaks?
My recent blaster break:

[Image: 2012-13Hoopsbreak1.jpg]

[Image: 2012-13Hoopsbreak2.jpg]

Nice blaster right there!

For some reason, I really like Hoops this year ... I guess having two rookie classes is twice as much fun ...

I'm staying away from HOOPS... not worth the risk to bust open... cheaper to pick up singles online...

& I hate that Panini did a double RC Year with redemptions for 2011-12... my box days are limited until some better stuff comes out!! In the mean time, I'm chasing the sets I haven't complete yet, or trying to find some older products... anybody know where I can buy some Chronology packs at??
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(08-29-2012, 03:03 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I'm staying away from HOOPS... not worth the risk to bust open... cheaper to pick up singles online...

& I hate that Panini did a double RC Year with redemptions for 2011-12... my box days are limited until some better stuff comes out!! In the mean time, I'm chasing the sets I haven't complete yet, or trying to find some older products... anybody know where I can buy some Chronology packs at??
I actually like products like Hoops and Score, because they remind me of how cards used to be when I first started collecting ...

For example, like I mentioned earlier, I busted a retail box today and got Jimmer, Kyrie, Isaiah Thomas and Klay Thompson rookie cards, even though they are just base cards and produced a year later — but that's how it used to be!

I mean, with today's Bowman baseball products, a guy can have a "first card" like three or four years before he makes his debut.

There's also no way in today's "modern" collecting era of SP, GU-auto, rookies that I would ever get all four of those guys in the same box.

Plus, for the price point, you get to bust a lot of product for minimal cost — though you're right, resale value on these kinds of products is horrible.

But I didn't get into collecting to sell them, I got into collecting to collect them.

As for the older stuff, my LCS has a bunch of Upper Deck products from the last five years or so, but the cheapest is like UD Rookie Edition from Durant's rookie year for like $120 a box, and all the other stuff (Game Used, Sig. Edition) is like $200 and up — way out of my league.

basketball cards suck now is the problem. the only good sets are the ones with all the vintage autos like limited, etc.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(09-04-2012, 09:50 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: basketball cards suck now is the problem. the only good sets are the ones with all the vintage autos like limited, etc.
Last year's REALLY sucked. I am intrigued by this year's, with the double rookie class.

Like, for example, a product like Rookies & Stars, where you usually get something like two autos and two jerseys ... will they have like a Kyrie Irving patch auto like they would for Anthony Davis, etc. ...

It could go one of two ways — boxes that are twice as good or twice as bad (with double the amount of "spares" for rookies).

Like, when I was sorting some Hoops cards the last few days, I noticed how many rookies from last year averaged like 2-3 PPG ... would Panini actually bother making patch auto cards of them, or limit it to the few guys that played really well (Kyrie, Kemba, Brandon Knight, etc. ...)

(09-05-2012, 01:33 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Last year's REALLY sucked. I am intrigued by this year's, with the double rookie class.

Like, for example, a product like Rookies & Stars, where you usually get something like two autos and two jerseys ... will they have like a Kyrie Irving patch auto like they would for Anthony Davis, etc. ...

It could go one of two ways — boxes that are twice as good or twice as bad (with double the amount of "spares" for rookies).

Like, when I was sorting some Hoops cards the last few days, I noticed how many rookies from last year averaged like 2-3 PPG ... would Panini actually bother making patch auto cards of them, or limit it to the few guys that played really well (Kyrie, Kemba, Brandon Knight, etc. ...)
cause putting crappy autos keeps the cost down for panini, topps etc, cause they get a bunch of nobodys to sign for cheap
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(09-08-2012, 01:57 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: cause putting crappy autos keeps the cost down for panini, topps etc, cause they get a bunch of nobodys to sign for cheap
Yeah, we all know that ... pretty common for most sports.

I'm just curious if they're going to weed out some of the guys from last year that weren't very good. I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.