`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Missing the RNH Young Guns from our trade!

RE: Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Missing the RNH Young Guns from our trade!
(11-04-2012, 11:24 AM)rayeates Wrote: I have found my 2010-11 SP Authentic Prestigious Pairings-Guy Lafleur/Larry Robinson #29/50 that I had sent to Dave. Now, I do not know if he is the owner of the profile connected to this sale, but the owner is suspiciously VERY close to where Dave's listed address is located. I checked the store that is linked to this profile, and came up with nothing in the way of the other cards that I sent or am owed. Hopefully this gets rectified!!!

Randi

did you end up winning it?

(11-04-2012, 12:34 PM)jets18 Wrote: did you end up winning it?
Haha! No. I am not going to pay for something that I used to own, and am owed for. Especially seeing as it went for nearly 2x BV! I hope that this all can end soon. Best wishes!

Randi

Hello fellow traders,

I am sorry to hear about all of your troubles regarding your trades. Reading your posts on the topic of that guy sure puts emphasis the use of registered mail. I hope all of you folks get your cards back. I am a new member and currently have my first 2 trades underway....I sure hope I don't ever go through what you guys have gone through! Thanks for posting!

Thanks for posting, Dave! I hope that this does not put you off on trading here on Beckett, as this was an isolated incident. The registered mail is a good thing to do, IF the other trader upholds to it. They can easily wait for you to send off, say that they are sending the next day... whatever the excuse, and just not bother shipping. Which is the case here.

Dave Perkins said that he had shipped his end of the agreements, and everyone believed him because he had a stellar feedback and reputation.He marked the trades as shipped, but then came up with the excuse that his Uncle had gone into the hospital and had a near fatal incident. We all felt for him and told him to take his time. Make sure that life was secured first before the hobby. This bode him more time to get things situated for himself, and what happened was he did nothing of the sort. He owes me a pretty hefty couple of cards, and I am on the lower end.

This site is all about trust. You have to build that trust within the community by posting to the boards; commenting on others' threads; sharing your opinion; and trading (expect to have to send first on your first 20-or-so trades) with other members. He did all of that, and then fudged really hard over everyone's trust in him.

I personally want to get to the bottom of this, and I am sure that everyone that has posted on here does too. He is obviously selling or trading if I have found my former card on eBay, and he needs to replace return or honor his trades. I am glad to see the cdnhulk and a few others did not accept trades with him while this was all going on. It is less victims that have to go through this.

Thanks again for your post, and if you have any questions about the site or trading, just give one of the more experienced members a nod. We are always willing to help out!

Randi

(11-05-2012, 10:49 PM)silverdaves Wrote: Hello fellow traders,

I am sorry to hear about all of your troubles regarding your trades. Reading your posts on the topic of that guy sure puts emphasis the use of registered mail. I hope all of you folks get your cards back. I am a new member and currently have my first 2 trades underway....I sure hope I don't ever go through what you guys have gone through! Thanks for posting!

(11-06-2012, 07:15 AM)rayeates Wrote: Thanks for posting, Dave! I hope that this does not put you off on trading here on Beckett, as this was an isolated incident. The registered mail is a good thing to do, IF the other trader upholds to it. They can easily wait for you to send off, say that they are sending the next day... whatever the excuse, and just not bother shipping. Which is the case here.

Dave Perkins said that he had shipped his end of the agreements, and everyone believed him because he had a stellar feedback and reputation.He marked the trades as shipped, but then came up with the excuse that his Uncle had gone into the hospital and had a near fatal incident. We all felt for him and told him to take his time. Make sure that life was secured first before the hobby. This bode him more time to get things situated for himself, and what happened was he did nothing of the sort. He owes me a pretty hefty couple of cards, and I am on the lower end.

This site is all about trust. You have to build that trust within the community by posting to the boards; commenting on others' threads; sharing your opinion; and trading (expect to have to send first on your first 20-or-so trades) with other members. He did all of that, and then fudged really hard over everyone's trust in him.

I personally want to get to the bottom of this, and I am sure that everyone that has posted on here does too. He is obviously selling or trading if I have found my former card on eBay, and he needs to replace return or honor his trades. I am glad to see the cdnhulk and a few others did not accept trades with him while this was all going on. It is less victims that have to go through this.

Thanks again for your post, and if you have any questions about the site or trading, just give one of the more experienced members a nod. We are always willing to help out!

Randi
Randi ... have you guys thought of reporting the items to eBay? When I had a trade go bad last summer, the guy put my card up on the bay, but I was able to get the auction closed by reporting it.

Might be worth a shot (?) ... RJ

RE: Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Fraud Report Template
were do you send this information online or via mail? Did you receive any response?

(09-21-2012, 06:47 PM)katykeed Wrote: Here is the report format I sent to antifraudcentre.ca in case it would assist anyone else caught in this web. Some of you might be able to copy / paste / edit / send it in rather than start from scratch.
GOOD LUCK- PLEASE DON'T SIT BACK AND TAKE THIS FRAUD!!!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm writing to you today to report the individual below as being the perpetrator of a fraudulent scam involving the trading of hockey cards.

PUT ROOKIEAHOLIC2nd's name and address here as shown on your trade invoice

Mr. (enter perpetrator's name here) has knowingly arranged trades with several members of the www.Beckett.com hockey card trading forum with several trades involving individual cards in the range of $100 to $200 USD in trade value based on the Beckett online price guides. He has not responded to repeated inquiries from other victims of this fraud, nor responded to my inquiries directly or indirectly.

In my case, he received the cards I agreed to trade to him and listed them in his Beckett inventory as available to trade.

Unfortunately, he has not sent my card agreed in the trade acceptance nor has he sent cards owed to several other members of the Beckett hockey card forum. There is currently a string of over 30 posted responses from victims of this scam.

All of the above information is available for reproduction on the www.Beckett.com site, and I will be most happy to provide any substantiation or proof required to assist you in your investigation or requirements to proceed with charges against this individual.

I thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide in pursuit of this matter.

My contact information is:

FILL IN THE BLANK (name)
Address here
City, Province / State / Zip

e-mail: YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS
telephone: YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER

RE: Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Fraud Report Template
(02-03-2013, 11:34 AM)mustupski Wrote: were do you send this information online or via mail? Did you receive any response?
Yes, I sent an online report and was directed to call the police, which was done. They e-mailed me the phone number and although I was placed on hold for the better part of a half-hour, they did assign a report number. I have the report number somewhere, but have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that a citizen of the US doesn't really have standing north of the border as to date I haven't even received so much as a follow-up. As a side note, I'm a trip to that area on business later this year and plan to stop by his last known address for a conversation.

Yeah...i have had the same "no follow up" from the anti-fraud center..so i have already come to the conclusion nott oo long after my incident that i would never see either of my cards again (Nuge or the Kovalchuk trade to get the Nuge).

I just hope to never have to run into the guy! The guy is a joke & can't do anything at this point to make me think otherwise...even if my cards magically appeared in the mail one day!
[Image: BennBanner.png]

Looking for Jamie Benn short prints from 09-10!

http://photobucket.com/BennHockey
http://photobucket.com/hockeytrades

With these higher dollor cards its always a stomach turner when ya "lick that stamp, and drop'er in the box."
I have thought about this before, quite a bit actually. But I think the best way to complete some of these trades is to have a go-between. Could be maybe an admin from beckett, or somebody of trust. Both traders would use the "go-between" to send the cards. Once the "go-between" recieved both party's cards , he would then send the cards out to the respective traders.
This would work if the cards were tracked to the go-between. He would then open and see if the right cards were actually in the package. And then complete the trade, for a fee of some sort, and the cost of the new shipping cost.
Obviously this is just me brain storming, and of course there would be higher shipping cost's and a longer wait to get the cards... But set up in the right way, this could work. Maybe a new business adventure for someone that can be bonded, and has the ability to start something like this.
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

I remember a time when new traders afraid of sending first could opt for something like that if agreed upon by both parties.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com