`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Missing the RNH Young Guns from our trade!

RE: Trading with Rookieaholic2nd
I think reading through all these posts there are some valuable lessons to be learned by all.

1) There is less risk dealing with people with good ratings. Rookies and I have completed 2-3 trades previous to this and as a result, I did give the benefit of doubt based on that. However people need to be weary of new traders that look to trade higher value cards. I was dupped out of a few Ultimate cards a while back by that. My fault in the end but it happens.

2) Communication is very important. Not only should people with concerns about their trade contact the partner quickly, but do so in a respectful manner. I think what got some people upset was the fact that people saw Rookie online between their trade date and now but didn't necessarily get updates on the trade status. It takes 30s but can put lots of people's fears at rest.

3) The higher value the cards involved the less patient people are. I know personally if the cards totalled $10 I really wouldn't care it I got ripped off but also, it is unlikely that a trader would try to steal $10 worth of cards. For those traders that do make high value trades, I think it is even more reasonable to expect better than average communication.

I think I echo many peoples comments that I hope all family matters are worked out and okay now, and that is totally a fact of life, all that is needed now is for all the people, rookie included to get their cards, and complete their trades to square everything away.

I collect Hockey and Basketball.
Mostly looking for YGs and Leafs.

Well it's good to see that people are talking. Dave, you did have some good trades over on our site and it is always an unfortunate event when the MOD Staff has to cut ties with any member of a trading forum. However, I see 3 things that were brought up:

1.) a family member almost passing away
2.) Marking items shipped when they weren't...regardless of "life getting in the way"
3.) admitting to overextending yourself

All 3 of those issues can be resolved by SIMPLE COMMUNICATION...something you chose not to do when I had PM'ed you thrice, as well as emailed your personal email address. As a long-standing MOD on another forum, I have seen far too many instances when a perfectly good trader goes belly-up in their deals, and we have to cut them loose. When I see someone NOT replying to multiple communication attempts, then what does that look like to us? A simple reply of, "hey, I am dealing with some family/personal events would more than suffice.

NEVER mark something as shipped when it's not. I don't care if you intend to mail something after you mark it as such, the bottom line is that it's not mailed...period. It's like saying you've paid the electricity bill, yet the power is cut off anyways because the check had insufficient funds. The bill is not paid for unless money is in the account...and items are not mailed/shipped until that postmark is slapped on the package and it's physically on the way.

As it stands, I understand your side that these are just cards and not the end of the world when it comes to family, and I am sorry to hear of your strife, but communication is key in anything, whether it be in life, in school, in work...or in a partnership. That's all we ask...answer a PM.

I would like to see these deals completed, and then we can/will discuss bringing you back to our other forum. For now, I would like to see everything resolved. That is all from me.

After long thought...i've come to his conclusion. Even after all of this...what time frame is it going to take until you say "look, this has gone long enough & you stiill don't have my cards yet. I'm shipping your cards back right now...end of story. Here's a tracking number. If i have to bite one...then so be it!" & to emphasize what i've been asking you for like the last 4 or 5 PM's....what was the date you did actually ship? You've still never answered that question!

My cards made it to you with no problem...cheapest way possible, just like you asked for!

How long do i have to just keep waiting on these cards until enough is enough? It's already basically been 1 month. Do i have to wait for 2? Like i said...if it's the parcel service...i'll send back my cards to you we traded for. But as of now....let's just call this trade as "return to sender"! If we do trade again....i'll need some sort of tracking # from you. I gave you one!

Let's get this behind us! One bad trade is not who we are as people. We can better ourselves by mistakes made! How we grow.
[Image: BennBanner.png]

Looking for Jamie Benn short prints from 09-10!

http://photobucket.com/BennHockey
http://photobucket.com/hockeytrades

Going to update this every day until either my trades or original cards arrive!

This is day 34 since items marked as shipped...still no cards!

Feel free to shout me down here, but seriously dude, you dont need to update if nothing happened. Its all well and good to continue to say that a PM would have been awesome, or an explanation, but if something bad happens inside peoples life outside of cards, trust me bits of cardboard are the last thing youre thinking of. Its a hard reality to imagine that cards might not actually be that important, i know, lol, but it does happen.

I dont write this to sound condescending, or to be offensive either - but its hard to place yourself in someones shoes until bad stuff happens to you (which id never wish on anybody) but if you were in his shoes, and you had stuff going on, and family members in strife, i put it to ANYONE, that cards are generally a long way from your mind when these things crop up.

I may sound bias having just come back from an exodus of my own, but ive let entire trades slide in the past when people have had problems, so its not all one way traffic. Im just hoping that common sense comes to forefront here - mail DOES get lost, and its all very easy to just jump on someone and point fingers, but sometimes s**t just happens.

Steve.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Be that as it may...i'm not denying he isn't going through something...as i've acknowledged his family issues & have offered my sincere condolenses to him both publicy & through PM's way before this went public. As for the "cardboard"...this ain't no cheap cardboard we're talking about. This is close to $300 on both sides we're talking about here..not to mention the communication gap has gone on when at first it was almost an every day talk between the two of us.

I will keep doing updates until this gets resolved! My trade...our problem...& it will get fixed one way or another! You can handle your trades how you want. Just because someone has a problem during a trade...the receiver has to suffer too? Am i supposed to just keep waiting & keep waiting? It's already been a month. He's made no indication about trying to return my old cards just to get this whole ordeal taken care of. Like i've said before....those cards can be sent back once i get what we traded for...and given the time frame & trades i've done with others up in Canada...it's only taking but maybe 2 weeks at the most (give or take a few days) to have cards shipped & received. So something ain't right!

Plus my main question has never been answered! What was the date when they got sent? That has been avoided & i've asked more than 5 times in the last 2 weeks, both through this thread & PM's. The biggest problem..other than not getting my end of the trade has been the lack of communication! We went from at least 4 or 5 messages a day to maybe 3 or 4 in a week last few weeks. We're not set on a chat room here to where he can pop in & give me an update...it's all either through messages or threads. The other problem has been the fact i wasn't getting updates. He can give me some sort of something...it don't take but a few mins to type even one sentence. I didn't know him until i we started our trade...& i still don't really know him...much less him knowing me! Not like we were high school buddies who had a falling out. He's had no comunication with others on trading on other sites...& not communicating is not how adults handle themselves.

If you don't want to be updated..then don't read the thread. This would be the same if this were a transaction for money! He's done plenty of trading & even he knows something is wrong at some point in all this! I've simply been asking for him to return my old cards...& he's not saying he's doing that just to fix the situation. I don't hold a grudge...& won't....just want to have my cards back. Tired of waiting.....please send my cards back.....end of story! Let's get this over with & all learn from this. I've had plenty of patience up to this point. Haven't used profanity...haven't acted out of order neither. I'm just tired of saying all this over & over.

DAVE...let's just call this done & just send the cards back. Please! If the trades arrive i'll send my cards back to you! I want this to be over with just a smuch as you do.

(08-30-2012, 10:35 PM)KrispX Wrote: It's already been a month. He's made no indication about trying to return my old cards just to get this whole ordeal taken care of. Like i've said before....those cards can be sent back once i get what we traded for...and given the time frame & trades i've done with others up in Canada...it's only taking but maybe 2 weeks at the most (give or take a few days) to have cards shipped & received. So something ain't right!
Just a point that I forgot to mention before. There was a thread a while ago inquiring about a trade that I had sent out. The person had waited a month and still received nothing. I was communicating with the person as regularly as they wanted me to, but the thread was still made... just to ask the community if the timeline was correct. Some said that it was a long time to wait, some said that they had waited longer. It all depends on the postal system.

The cards arrived safely to the other trader after 5-1/2 weeks of waiting. Balance was restored in the Force and all was good again. The wait happened a little while later, to another trader that I was dealing with, and they got a bit antsy as well. Sometimes the postal system takes longer than usual. I have had cards arrive from New York State in 3 days (I am in Canada), from Germany in 1-1/2 weeks, and have also had cards arrive after a 3-1/2 week wait from British Columbia. I hope that this is just the situation with your trade. Best wishes with this!

Randi

Sorry to hear hope u get ur stuff
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

day #35...no cards. Where's Dave to acknowledge anything?

OK - just found this thread.

As I read through the thread it appears rookieaholic2nd owes the following members:

KrispX, cdnhulk, work2832, and joncarrie2006

If any of you have received your cards please let me know, or if I missed anyone please let me know.

rookieaholic2nd: I would appreciate a PM letting me know when you ship these members' cards.

Like many of the others have said, no one is unsympathetic when personal and/or family issues arise. But communication is absolutely essential. And NO ONE should be marking cards shipped until the cards are actually shipped.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.