`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Also an e-bay question

Also an e-bay question
Is there someone that is able to tell me what the heck a final value fee on shipping is? Is ebay just out of their freakin minds or what? They get paid when you list, they get paid when you sell, they get paid when you ship, and then they get paid when someone pays you via paypal. WTF?????
Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

RE: Also an e-bay question
(08-27-2012, 12:50 AM)hockeyvadim Wrote: Is there someone that is able to tell me what the heck a final value fee on shipping is? Is ebay just out of their freakin minds or what? They get paid when you list, they get paid when you sell, they get paid when you ship, and then they get paid when someone pays you via paypal. WTF?????
I have no clue how ebays fee work, i tried to figure them out but it just seems more & more that they take out a random amount of money. Take for example the pair of Jordans that I just sold for $600+$19 shipping. When I read the fees before listing they said 9% on a bid auction & 11% of final value on a buy it now auction. Yet when I sold the item with a buy it now, they only (yeah, ONLY haha) took $49.99... Now I may be pretty bad at math, but im pretty sure 11% wouldve been $66 and 9% wouldve been $54, so I have no clue where they came up with $49.99.

The reason they do they whole shipping fee thing is because to avoid major rapings in fees people would list items buy it now for $1 and then a ton on shipping. The shoe guys used to do it alot, say Buy it Now $1, with $350 shipping.... Thats why that whole process came about, but I cant answer your question cause I dont know what % they take out for shipping...
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

(08-27-2012, 12:50 AM)hockeyvadim Wrote: Is there someone that is able to tell me what the heck a final value fee on shipping is? Is ebay just out of their freakin minds or what? They get paid when you list, they get paid when you sell, they get paid when you ship, and then they get paid when someone pays you via paypal. WTF?????
I would guess that this was their only way to avoid the famous $.99 buy it now auction with $19.95 shipping and handling that everyone was complaining about. Basically there is now no incentive to overcharge for shipping to avoid fees on the selling price. They can now charge whatever they want for shipping, but will pay a fee based on that charge. I heard from someone that the fee is waived if you use their online shipping tool, but I stopped selling a long time ago so I am not sure if this part is true.

Thanks,
Nathan

Hey guys,

I believe the fees for shipping are the same as for the auction. so 9% on auction style listings and 11% on buy it now listings.

Ebay has a fee calculator so you can get an idea of the fees you are paying here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/n...lator.html

Hope this helps!

Ryan

What a great business: Person "A" sells a product to Person "B", and Company "E" gets paid.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(08-27-2012, 01:55 PM)jonathani Wrote: What a great business: Person "A" sells a product to Person "B", and Company "E" gets paid.

JonathanI
Ain't that the truth!!!

Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

Until a competitor comes along this is a monopoly. Everyone beeothches about them, but we all still use them. Its frustrating.

Yes EBAY get rich quick scheme and get people jacked but the country still uses it

It wouldtake one bored billionair to create something that could compete with Ebay... And that isnt going to happen anytime soon... Other day a guy bought something off my on paypal for $525 and he wanted an invoice for his records, so I sent him one & he paid. My paypal showed $525 recieved. I went to mail his item and was like oh damn, I never got his address! So I clicked item details, scrolled down and saw $525 -$15fees total $510... I was like umm wtf, I got charged $15 for selling an item to a guy that had nothing to do with any forum or bid site? And i wouldnt have even known about the missing $15 unless I clicked "details" because the paypal account transactions lists $525 recieved... All I could do is laugh and say wow...
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

Yeah PayPal takes something like 2.9% + $0.30 for each transaction. The only way I've found to do it is have them send you money as a "gift" or "for friends and family" and you get the full amount.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054