Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what should I do?

what should I do?
Hi Gang,

Well, I just got back into collecting after over a decade maybe close to 20 years actually.

I'm a huge Cardinal fan. I see how difficult it would be to collect like we used to. I collected everything, back in the day. I'm trying to limit myself but I'm struggling. I really like Bowman. So I was thinking I would collect anything Bowman with the "Birds on the Bat". But I also would like to collect the vintage guys as well. And then I see a A & G or Gypsy Queen Cardinal that I like as well. Its hard to resist. What should I do? Should I discipline myself to stick with the Bowman idea?

I don't know...?

Later,
Meyer

RE: what should I do?
its hard to pickup after missing out on the total explosion of cards from the mid 90's on up.. I started back in 07 on my PC after stopping in 95 and its been a monumental task just to get it back to respectable and I've missed out on alot of the nicer lower numbered cards over the years. Many are already locked up in other collections never to be seen again. The collect everything mentality that i once had is long gone now with all these 1/1's and other rare stuff.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

Im a cardinals guy myself Smile. I picked Berkman to PC, and also pick up neat cardinals gu / autos that catch my eye.

Its REALLY hard to lay off of certain cards for sure, lol.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I'd pick a former star, a current star, a promising rookie (or younger player), and a prospect. From there, I'd look to round out my trades with Cardinals that don't fit into any of these categories. If you're focus gets to wide, you'll lose steam fast.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

For me I collect a set (usually a mem or auto or vintage set) then a few pc players where i get everything i can. then sometimes ill work on my hof pc..its ok to have multiple things to collect just collect whatever makes you the happiest. you only lose steam when you compare what you have to others or worry that your collection needs to be better.
[Image: jonathancard.png]

Well I became a player collector around 1996 or so, before that I just collected everything. Now Ive expanded and am not focused on only 1 player but have expanded more. Sometimes I just buy a phillies card I like. Hope you find your back into collecting!!! Good luck!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Well I just can't limit myself! I'm just gonna get what I like and not worry about having literally everything. If I see it and I like it, I'll get it.

I'm a Ranger fan (since the mid 90s not bandwagon... well today's bandwagon, I SUFFERED Arod and Tex!) so I collect mainly Rangers... that doesn't leave many VINTAGE but anyway... I tend to focus on the Rangers' prospects. BUT and maybe it's cuz I'm just now returning as well, but I collect any hot card that fits my fancy... within budget limits. Like I just bought an RA Dickey RC... wait a second he IS a Ranger :/ well I guess that kinda' played into my decision but. Why would I pass up a tasty Trout really?? OFC there's a budget to adhere to but I guess I'm just ok with abstenence like that. For the most part lol