`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Question

Question
Is there a way to tell how thick a card is so when you buy a touch holder or toploaders you know your getting the right size?

Thank you in advance.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

RE: Question
I guess you could measure it, I have never seen card specifics like that mentioned anywhere. Or else take the card with you.

I usually just eyeball them, you can tell toploaders are meant for regular cards, jersey cards, patch cards, but not sure how many other sizes there are.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

It's been trial and error for me. It'd be nice to have an index to look at. With one website dedicated to jersey variations of every NHL teams and another dedicated to special NHL patches, hopefully that's not far of.

There are variances within subsets, but usually that's how people anticipate thickness. What subset is your card from?
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(08-24-2012, 01:28 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: It's been trial and error for me. It'd be nice to have an index to look at. With one website dedicated to jersey variations of every NHL teams and another dedicated to special NHL patches, hopefully that's not far of.

There are variances within subsets, but usually that's how people anticipate thickness. What subset is your card from?
Not any card inparticular I am getting real low on supplies and I buy my online and I didn't want to buy a ton that didn't fit.

I would say 100pt is by far the most useless, as I learned the hard way. 75pt is used less frequently but a lot of medium thickness cards like Ultimate or OPCP RCs fit nicely...as well as jersey cards.

130pt accommodates the vast majority of patches (except the super thick CUP and specialty cards which require 180pt). And 35pt for all regular hockey cards.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

I just buy a bunch of each size and then replace as they get used.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

depends on what you plan on getting

for me if i know i been using reg size ones, then i get them at the show or if i will be getting some patches and booklets i will get bigger ones

hope that helps
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(08-24-2012, 02:04 PM)wickabee Wrote: I just buy a bunch of each size and then replace as they get used.
Ditto. Get a little bit of everything. If you find you do not use some of it, there is always another collector that will kindly take it off your hands. If something runs out, just get more.

There is a site out there that explains how many mm each top loader will hold, but I do not know if I can mention it because I would basically be advertising for them. If you search long enough on the web, though, you will find them as they carry Ultra Pro.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I found this Online

SIZE CHART

Take a stack of standard sports cards (commons) and lay them on top of each other. Place them next to the thicker insert and refer to the chart below to figure out what thickness your card is and the size of the magnetic holder you need.

1 Regular Card = Ultra Pro 35pt Point Magnetic Holder - Standard or Regular Card Holders
3 Regular Cards = Ultra Pro 55pt Point Magnetic Holder - Also called Action Packed Size or Thick Holders
4-5 Regular Cards = Ultra Pro 75pt Point Magnetic Holders - Extra Thick Holders
6 Regular Cards = Ultra Pro 100pt Point Magnetic Holders - Memorabilia Size Holders
7-8 Regular Cards = Ultra Pro 130pt Point Magnetic Holders - Commonly called Memorabilia Size or Real Thick or 3.5 mm Holders
9-12 Regular Cards = Ultra Pro 180pt Point Magnetic Holders - Commonly called Super Thick Holders
18-20 Regular Cards = Ultra Pro 360pt Point Magnetic Holders - Commonly called Booklet Holders