`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Diamond Die Cut Set

2011 Topps Diamond Die Cut Set
I just got my order from the Topps Diamond Giveaway which included my 2nd complete set of the Diamond Die Cut cards. I noticed that there is a complete set on eBay for $3k w/ best offer. Is that a realistic value for the set? Seeing the one on eBay got me thinking that maybe I should sell off my 2nd set. I am trying to decide whether I should sell the set as a whole or break it up and either sell the individual cards or lot them into team sets.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 2011 Topps Diamond Die Cut Set
Is it a black diamond set? The color in the diamond is a bit darker and harder to tell the difference. and I want the Nolan Ryan Sad
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(08-24-2012, 07:37 AM)acevanquish Wrote: Is it a black diamond set? The color in the diamond is a bit darker and harder to tell the difference. and I want the Nolan Ryan Sad
I wish, but they are the standard set. The black ones are actually very easy to tell apart since they are serial numbered to 60 on the front.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

Oh, right. Well on the topps diamond site it was not easy to tell from the pictures. I had no idea a set was that much which is what I would expect the blacks to go for. Maybe that person just hopes someone wants it that bad, but has the best offer set up for realistic bids.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(08-24-2012, 10:20 AM)acevanquish Wrote: Oh, right. Well on the topps diamond site it was not easy to tell from the pictures. I had no idea a set was that much which is what I would expect the blacks to go for. Maybe that person just hopes someone wants it that bad, but has the best offer set up for realistic bids.
I thought $3k was high as well, however if you add up all the cards in the set it is around $3k. I am curious as to what people think is a fair price for the set and whether it is better to break up the set or sell it as a whole (and if breaking up the set, would it be better to sell as team sets or as individual cards)? Anyone have any advice?

I think it's probably better to sell them as a set, considering there's not 1 (or more) cards that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Also, I think it's a pretty sweet set to have. I don't think it would sell for $3k, but 1.5-2 might be right.

By the way, how did you manage to complete TWO sets? All through trading?? You must have entered 2000 codes. At any rate, good for you!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Sell it, all at once, as a set. Much easier than having to worry about relisting the unsold cards every week, answering a bunch of questions, and shipping a ton of packages. Not to mention the nice payday!
David Justice - 1371/1747 - 78%

Joshua Fields Razor (31/42), David Thompson 08-09 UD Black (19/23),
David Pollack Autos (30/60), Mo Massaquoi Bowman Chrome RC (19/27),
Bobby Cox Tribute Autos (9/10), AJ Green Goodwin (7/11)

(08-24-2012, 08:45 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I think it's probably better to sell them as a set, considering there's not 1 (or more) cards that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Also, I think it's a pretty sweet set to have. I don't think it would sell for $3k, but 1.5-2 might be right.

By the way, how did you manage to complete TWO sets? All through trading?? You must have entered 2000 codes. At any rate, good for you!
I actually did 2 road trips and stopped at every Walmart, Target, and even a couple Toys R Us stores to get the bonus boxes that had the Topps Update packs, Bowman Chrome pack and the Harper Chrome Refractor bonus card. I bought several hundred of those boxes and ended up doing pretty good (i.e. more than paid for the boxes) and still have most of the cards I pulled. Each of those boxes had between 1 and 3 of the code cards in it. Then there was the run on the Series 2 blasters I made once they went on sale at 40% off. My wife couldn't believe how much I was spending, but I literally made it all back with just a handful of cards, as I hit a Lawrie Orange Refractor Auto (which sold for about $2k), a couple Bowman Chrome Harper parallels, some Superfractors, and some of the Topps Platinum 1/1s. All that was before Trout got so huge, and I still have to go back through to see if I hit any Trout parallels. Funny thing is with all the codes I entered I never did land the Mickey Mantle Ring card to get the Diamond Ring (not that I really wanted it).