`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calm my fears, tell me this is legit.

RE: Calm my fears, tell me this is legit.
its a fake... sorry man...

Fake man. Sorry
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I wont even touch those topps RPAs, you never know if its real or not!
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

I dont know much about Brohms autos but I know the Ryan is fake. He has one of the nicest signatures in the hobby.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

*UPDATE* Calm my fears, tell me this is legit.*UPDATE*
I think you guys are right. I should have know better. I compared the auto to other Rookie Premeier auto and they were the same as those. Been working alot lately and I guess I wasnt thinking. I read an article about how cheap you can pick up some of these if you find a real auto. I knew about the "player issued" auto vs "certified auto", but didnt know the cards themselves were faked as well. I saw the "certified auto" and thought I was safe.

Anyways, I contacted the seller, said I was a bit uncomfortable with the authenticity of the auto and asked if I could get a refund before he ships. I expected a battle with this guy and expected to count it as a $36 dollar lesson. Turns out, the guy said he would give me a refund once my money hit his paypal. He was very nice and very understanding. Assuming he does in fact give me a refund, lesson learned.

And thanks to those who helped out. I know I can always count on the Beckett community for sound advice. I've learned a ton from this board and obviously continue to learn.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

RE: *UPDATE* Calm my fears, tell me this is legit.*UPDATE*
(08-22-2012, 06:57 PM)samiamryan Wrote: I think you guys are right. I should have know better. I compared the auto to other Rookie Premeier auto and they were the same as those. Been working alot lately and I guess I wasnt thinking. I read an article about how cheap you can pick up some of these if you find a real auto. I knew about the "player issued" auto vs "certified auto", but didnt know the cards themselves were faked as well. I saw the "certified auto" and thought I was safe.

Anyways, I contacted the seller, said I was a bit uncomfortable with the authenticity of the auto and asked if I could get a refund before he ships. I expected a battle with this guy and expected to count it as a $36 dollar lesson. Turns out, the guy said he would give me a refund once my money hit his paypal. He was very nice and very understanding. Assuming he does in fact give me a refund, lesson learned.

And thanks to those who helped out. I know I can always count on the Beckett community for sound advice. I've learned a ton from this board and obviously continue to learn.

Glad you can get your money back. I made the same mistake except I bought two.... I would try to stay away from them IMO. Right now you can pick up a little nicer Matt ryan auto jersey for less that $35-$60, so I would stick with them.

Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Perhaps someone could make a thread called "AVOID THESE CARDS LIKE THE PLAGUE" and post it as a sticky so that unsuspecting buyers can use it as a reference to avoid such unpleasant circumstances. This website is amoung other things an educational tool, and it would save countless collectors the headaches of being taken advantage of by the occasional vinegar and water sellers on ebay.

Just a suggestion....
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]