`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happened Way Too Fast, Need PC Advice

Happened Way Too Fast, Need PC Advice
So I started a Russell Wilson Autograph PC before he was drafted with the idea that he WOULDN'T be a starter right off the bat, but that he would eventually get there. I liked the prospect of picking up his cards for cheap and then them being worth gold after he became a star. 3 weeks into pre-season and the Seahawks are going to announce him as the starter for the next preseason game. I'm kind of worried about this now, as I've noticed his prices on the Bay are starting to creep high. I know what kind of talent this guy has, I have all the faith in the world that he's going to be a star in the NFL, I just had no idea it was going to happen so fast. So the big problem is, what happens now? Do I jump off this PC now? Wait a little bit and hope the Seahawks start Flynn so that Russell-Mania dies down a bit?

My biggest problem is that if he reaches the stardom that I think he will, I won't be able to afford ANY of his cards. What's a PC if you can't add cards to it? Right now I'm in a holding pattern. Cards that I could have gotten for $25 two weeks ago are now going for close to $70.

Like i said, I had a feeling it would happen, just not this quickly.

RE: Happened Way Too Fast, Need PC Advice
A PC is just that a PC so get them while you can once they are too high you hold off and wait.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

I know your pain. Personally I would say if you like him and think he will ba a star keep on picking up his stuff, but I cant see them starting him week 1 with all the money they shelled out for Flynn
I collect Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, and Former Michigan Wolverines

[Image: th_445.jpg]

(08-21-2012, 04:27 PM)najay Wrote: I know your pain. Personally I would say if you like him and think he will ba a star keep on picking up his stuff, but I cant see them starting him week 1 with all the money they shelled out for Flynn
you mean like Kolb??? this theory is WRONG these days... they play WHOEVER is best to start...

(08-21-2012, 05:05 PM)slotman11 Wrote: you mean like Kolb??? this theory is WRONG these days... they play WHOEVER is best to start...
I have to agree with Slotman...also I would continue the PC, but pick up cards slowly. Thats the technique I used when Gronks prices began shooting up.
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

Right now it is still preseason. Wilson is doing better cause he has been playing after the 1st string of the other team is off the field. Now if he still does well against the 1st string and Flynn still struggles he will skyrocket for a spell but remember it is still the Seahawks..lol

But if you NEED to off load any of his Press Pass autos just hit me up. Big Grin
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

Take it from me, sconnienation, and every other Badger fan, plus every other Packers fan, and yes, even the just Favre pc-ers, it's pretty damn hard to combat your favorite players being really ridiculously good.

Good thing is, I've got my Wilsons and even a few Flynns, but if you still want to go after them, broaden the kinds of things you want to go after. Personally, I can't wait to get a hold of those new Nike away jerseys of Wilson, maybe they can mass produce them now to reduce the prices.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

#1 Don't get married or have a significant other

#2 Don't have a kid

#3 Getting a ridiculously good paying job

FYI, I've done none of these things, and its been fun collecting Marino.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(08-21-2012, 06:08 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: Take it from me, sconnienation, and every other Badger fan, plus every other Packers fan, and yes, even the just Favre pc-ers, it's pretty damn hard to combat your favorite players being really ridiculously good.

Good thing is, I've got my Wilsons and even a few Flynns, but if you still want to go after them, broaden the kinds of things you want to go after. Personally, I can't wait to get a hold of those new Nike away jerseys of Wilson, maybe they can mass produce them now to reduce the prices.
What he said! lol I've been lucky enough to grab a few nice Wilsons, but I hear you--they're gonna be outrageous now. Ah well.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection