`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowman auto redemptions

Bowman auto redemptions
Got the expected, yet dreaded "your card isn't ready to ship" email from Topps last week.

I'm waiting on a regular refractor auto of Matt Harvey.

I can request a substitute - the only two with "equal value" are Tyler Skaggs and James Taillon.

What do ya'll think? Wait it out for the Harvey or request a replacement?
Kepler

RE: Bowman auto redemptions
Card of equal value, doesnt always mean from the same set or even year. Many of use have gotten cards from other sets and years. All comes down to do you collect Harvey, Mets fan, or trying to complete the set. If the answer is no to those three, take the gamble and request a substitute. If you answered yes, wait it out.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

I'm still waiting on a card that was suppose to be shipped in January. It's my PC guy so I don't wanna request a substitute but it sucks waiting this long and getting nothing.

Skaggs is getting called up - may want him as that usually caused a spike in interest/prices
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I had a helickson triple patch auto that is marked as shipped 25 days ago so I sent an email and they sent today that it was actually mailed out yesterday how convenient I thought
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

Yeah, that is pretty convenient. After this situation and reading other people's "horror stories," I'm a bit nervous about whether or not I will ever see the Jered Weaver Auto Relic Gold Refractor Patch that's scheduled to ship in November. After only really being back in the hobby for a few months, I can now see why people aren't always so happy when they pull a redemption card.
Kepler

(08-21-2012, 12:01 PM)Blury1 Wrote: I had a helickson triple patch auto that is marked as shipped 25 days ago so I sent an email and they sent today that it was actually mailed out yesterday how convenient I thought
I've learned to pay no attention to those shipping dates. Many times it has gotten to me earlier than the estimated date shown and vice versa. I have never had to do a replacement though. Maybe I've been lucky
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I do get my manny machado ref auto last year with no problems it just took a few months to receive it
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

I'm hoping to not have to do an exchange. It's not that I collect Harvey or Mets, but I like what I've seen from him so far and am hoping it'll be worth the wait ... or at least go up in value enough that I can get something good instead. lol
Kepler