`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toys R Us sale -buy 1; get 40% off

RE: Toys R Us sale -buy 1; get 40% off
(08-19-2012, 07:42 PM)acevanquish Wrote: If they can't/won't help me I can try Topps support. I might get something better in exchange. I just don't want to give up the regular packs. I would always wonder what was in them. I just want to exchange the retail exclusives that I should have gotten.
You have fallen victim to pack resealers, it sounds like. Sometimes people will open boxes, take out the cards they want, then refill them with garbage.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

After thinking about this all night, I think I understand what he means. Since he created this thread and I went to the store after seeing it, Toys R Us *jokingly* took my retail refractors and gave them to him as a referral fee.
Don't confuse me like that when I'm already trying to figure out why I got late 80s Donruss and Leaf in my '10-'11 Topps.
[Image: confused_baby.jpg]
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(08-20-2012, 08:02 AM)acevanquish Wrote: After thinking about this all night, I think I understand what he means. Since he created this thread and I went to the store after seeing it, Toys R Us *jokingly* took my retail refractors and gave them to him as a referral fee.
You can't confuse me like that when I'm already trying to figure out why I got late 80s Donruss and Leaf in my '10-'11 Topps.
[Image: confused_baby.jpg]
I dunno ace, you look pretty confused in that photo if you ask me!Tongue

[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

(08-20-2012, 08:33 AM)75toppsfan Wrote: I dunno ace, you look pretty confused in that photo if you ask me!Tongue
Hi -Yes, it was much more clever in my head
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(08-19-2012, 07:14 PM)acevanquish Wrote: ...as he said just before running out to buy some hanger packs >_>

I got a 2010 Topps Chrome that is supposed to have "3 exclusive refractor cards." I got 3 1989 Donruss cards O_o What!? Ok, set that aside, guess I'll have to take it back and try to explain to some Toys R Us mom why that isn't what should be in there. They only had 1 so the other that I picked with it was regular 2010 Topps. That pack was fine, but also was not supposed to contain any retail exclusive anythings.
Next 2011 Bowman Platinum with 3 Purple Refractors. Open up the little clear thing and my refractors are a 1992 Leaf, and 2x 1995 Studio credit card looking cards that I have seen before. o_O Double WTF. I have 1 more 2011 Bowman Platinum that is completely in the original wrapping. It looks like the little 3 pack of refractors is more 80s/90s junk that I plan to open in front of them in the store. The part that bugs me the most is I want to open the regular packs but I'm going to wait until I show them everything. I don't know what they can do about the refractor cards. It's not like they have them laying around by themselves. :| *sigh*
What bothers me about this the most is the 8-10 yr old kid who saved up his allowance for 2 weeks for a few packs of cards at the toy store and gets something like this. that is bs man, if it happened to you im sure some young kids were victim of it to and had no idea. sorry ace...that blows man
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I took some pictures. I'll update in a minute. Yeah I know I had to look hard to notice the tops were cut and resealed. Looks like some haze in the plastic from glue or heat. I called Topps. They will replace the 2011 Bowman Platinum, but for some reason (too old?) can't do anything for the 2010 Topps Chrome. It bothered me too that it was toys r us which is mostly kids. I got the last 2010 Chrome and last 2 2011 Platinum. Someone else surely got ripped off on other packs. Not only are they paying more than other stores around but someone went beyond searching. They opened, and resealed them Sad See my other tread on what Target less than a mile away from this Toys R Us looked like recently too.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1510929.html
Someone is ravaging retail in my area.
The top and bottom of a hanger pack. Uneven cut. Looks resealed.
[Image: 20120820102424979.th.jpg]
[Image: 20120820102855124.th.jpg]

It looks like even the regular packs may have been opened and resealed. There is a small pin hole at the bottom of this one where it could have been pinched open and resealed. The outside wrapper even stuck to the pack probably from resealing.
[Image: 20120820103817974.th.jpg]

Similar pin hole on this pack too.
[Image: 20120820103758982.th.jpg]

The top looks shorter than the other two and not right.
[Image: 20120820103740685.th.jpg]

Unknown hole punch. The bottom of the other pack looks bunched up from resealing.
[Image: 20120820103307547.th.jpg]

The bottom of this hanger pack is resealed shut but has a tear where it was opened.
[Image: 20120820102928665.th.jpg]

Hanger pack I didn't open yet. I can see the 'refractors' in this one have been replaced. It's the same pack as the picture above this. I recognize that red/black border. 1989 Topps. I can see it with my eye. The camera didn't pick it up too well, but I blew it up.
[Image: 20120820103442466.th.jpg]

My 2011 Platinum 'refractors'
[Image: 20120820103711136.th.jpg]

Why in the heck would they bother to do all that and replace the hits with old junk unless it was supposed to be an unfunny prank.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

My 2010 Chrome 'refractors'
[Image: 20120820103220325.th.jpg]
I guess if they look unopened and you have a receipt... Free retail refractors. I don't know man. We ask why, but there are people out there that apparently say why not. Anything for a few bucks.
[Image: badtime.jpg]