• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why does this happen BGS?

RE: Why does this happen BGS?
i've seen 9's but nothing less
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

I have an 8 and I've seen another 8.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Yes, if the auto is cut off*, smeared, or super speckled then it will be down graded.

*By cut off I mean it is on a sticker and the auto runs off and doesn't look complete or it is covered slightly by the card itself.
 photo banner_zpsbab74229.jpg

(08-19-2012, 10:12 PM)mancitylover111 Wrote: Yes, if the auto is cut off*, smeared, or super speckled then it will be down graded.

*By cut off I mean it is on a sticker and the auto runs off and doesn't look complete or it is covered slightly by the card itself.
This is correct. If I may add, also if the auto is inside a box and any part of the auto touches any part of the box, the auto will also be down graded.
(08-20-2012, 07:16 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: This is correct. If I may add, also if the auto is inside a box and any part of the auto touches any part of the box, the auto will also be down graded.
This is what I mean by a box:
[Image: KGrHqNlUE-4ywfT7vBPyjuy7w60_57.jpg]

I've been wondering this same thing lately. Initially I thought it had to do with old slabs vs new slabs but its definitely clear that they are doing it both ways right now. So Beckett's answer is it has to do with spacing on the label? Interesting
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(08-19-2012, 02:57 PM)shezdoni Wrote: because the auto grade is already pre printed, while the card grade has to be printed as to the card condition, sub grades, etc, and depending on the grader, etc.... they could have a different font size than another grader, or they could have printed out on a different printer than another grader, etc..
where do you get your info since you dont work for bgs how do u know this..gets old having members answer questions directed towards the company running the site.
(08-19-2012, 06:50 PM)stera8 Wrote: A little off topic but has an auto ever been anything besides a 10? I always see 10
its just another way to get $2 more dollars from people. the auto grade is by far the stupidest thing out there. since the auto is part of the card....it should be graded in a separate category of the card and affect the overall grade if people feel its that necessary to have it graded. My last submission i only had the autos graded because it was free with the group submission, and everyone at grade was tiny and on the back....LAME!!!!!!!!!!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(08-20-2012, 08:55 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: its just another way to get $2 more dollars from people. the auto grade is by far the stupidest thing out there. since the auto is part of the card....it should be graded in a separate category of the card and affect the overall grade if people feel its that necessary to have it graded. My last submission i only had the autos graded because it was free with the group submission, and everyone at grade was tiny and on the back....LAME!!!!!!!!!!
Based on this statement, BGS Grading is not for you.

(08-20-2012, 09:11 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Based on this statement, BGS Grading is not for you.
because i think the auto grade is pointless. based on your statement...u need to get a life off beckett man. fyi....may want to check sell values of cards with BVG versus PSA vintage grading.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]