`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have any idea what this card is?

Does anyone have any idea what this card is?
I picked up thish 1998 Score Artist Proof Garrett Anderson card off of the bay and I can't for the life of me figure out why there is a kid in a Yankee jersey on the front? I thought it was a strange card and the card was super cheap so i picked it up. Does anyone know if this is some Yankee "prospect" j/k or Garretts son?

http://swirlychametsky.wordpress.com/201...ist-proof/

RE: Does anyone have any idea what this card is?
I would say it's most definitely one of those games where kids get to run out to a position with the respective player at the start of the game. Why the Yankee jersey? Not sure unless the kids wore a jersey of their favorite team or something.

To touch on that, I went to a Nationals game here last year that was amazing when the kids ran out with the players. Each of the kids that went out onto the field with a player had a parent who died in either Iraq or Afghanistan. Really tough to see and think about, especially since all of these kids only looked to be about 4-8 years old. Probably the most touching thing I'll ever see at a baseball game.

Ricelynne Thanks that is what i was thinking as well but I was wondering if it was his kid.....

Thank you for sharing that story as I always like to hear when MLB teams do things for the childern in our armed forces!!!!

One of the Yankee players son, who was a bat boy for the team, I can't recall which player his dad was, but i do remember an article back then about the card, and the circumstances.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

If they were @ Yankee Stadium, and they did have a youngster as a bat boy, wouldn't Anderson be in an Away uniform??
[Image: 607a5325-12db-4a56-8533-2c567e26ee40_zpszncmoult.jpg]