`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about trade rating

Question about trade rating
So I just got my feedback from my last trade. Exactly what I expected to happen did. Let me explain how the trade went down.

8/6/12 I receive a trade offer and accept the trade from a member.

8/6/12 Member says "Awesome, i will have it out tomorrow with tracking."

8/6/12 I inform the member that I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the trade out the next day due to an unpredictable work schedule

8/7/12 I inform the member that I wasn't able to make it to the post office in time. I then tell him that I should be able to the next day because it should be a short day at work

8/8/12 I mark the item as shipped. Then message the DC and ask if he has the DC from the card he shipped

8/11/12 After not getting a response, but seeing the member posting about completing other trades, I ask if he's had a chance to get my cards out

8/11/12 (other member) "Ive been waiting on an order of padded envelopes to come in. I ordered them off ebay 2 weeks ago. Ill just buy a single one if they arent here by monday and get it out to you."

8/11/12 I thank him for letting me know because I was getting nervous since I hadn't heard from him

8/13/12 Other member marks items received, also marks my card as sent and has "completed all steps in the trade"

8/15/12 I post "I'm not sure what's going on, but I still haven't received my card. I see that you posted on one of your posts the 8th that you had a bunch of cards going out. It's been a week since then, also you had told me after that date that you still hadn't recei" message was cut off, but was supposed to finish with "still hadn't received padded envelopes"

8/16/12 I finally receive a DC # and an apology because he had been "slammed at work" and they should be there monday

8/18/12 I receive my card

So after the lack of communication on his part I leave a feedback of 5 stars for everything except communication. I gave a 4 due to the fact that I had to keep asking where my card was and according to his posts he was either lying to me or to the other people he was trading with about getting cards out on the 8th

Well surprise surprise, when I get my feedback, I have a 4 for communication and a 4 for overall. Now what did I do to deserve that? If the system is set up so that someone can just give you a feedback score to retaliate for the score you gave them, then the system is broken. I get worse feedback then he does when I sent my card out 2 days after the trade was completed and I'm the one who had to keep the line of communication open.

RE: Question about trade rating
Yeah I dont like the feedback system at all. I would suggest a change neither member is allowed to view the feedback for that particular transaction until both parties leave feedback for that particular transaction. Perhaps that can eliminate the revenge feedback.

Also just an fyi you dont have to conceal the other members name because we can all see it when we access you feedback page.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I agree. Something like that would definitely help. I mean I thought I was more than fair. I'm not going to leave a perfect feedback it it wasn't deserved, I think that's a disservice to other members on here that may try to trade with that person.

Some people are just bad traders.
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

Man sorry to hear this happen. That is just ridiculous someone would do this. Like baker said we can see the feedback though lol Smile.. Don't let a bad trader discourage you though.. A bunch of great members on this site.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Well this is a case where folks need to be made aware of whom this trader is. You do not need to blast them on the boards but it never hurts to make folks aware. You can also reply to your feedback and let folks know what happened.

That it what I call revenge feedback and it sucks!!!
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

(08-19-2012, 01:04 PM)mik253 Wrote: Well this is a case where folks need to be made aware of whom this trader is. You do not need to blast them on the boards but it never hurts to make folks aware. You can also reply to your feedback and let folks know what happened.

That it what I call revenge feedback and it sucks!!!
I do that every time on eBay. If the transaction went smoothly, I list the title of what I bought, or I reply with the feedback I left the buyer. If it went poorly, I respond to let anyone interested know.

I like bakerman's idea. That would help cut down retaliation feedback.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I havent traded very many times on here yet but i have had 1 terrible experience where i got damaged goods and needless to say the situation ended up with me not getting my card back. Fortunetly i didnt bring it up until he left feedback....then when the problem was not resolved i left appropriate feedback which he obviously just replied to dening the situation. I dk i just enjoy trading with the honest people that are on here....it is such a pleasure. Unfortunetly there are always bad apples.
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

So who's all looking at his profile now to see who he was talking about??
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(08-19-2012, 01:41 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: So who's all looking at his profile now to see who he was talking about??
You are so smart!!!! I have never even heard of that member... huh
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]