`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I finally gave in to people saying "buy singles instead"

I finally gave in to people saying "buy singles instead"
I have a wax addiction but there was one card in Finest that made me give up my addiction for a little while in favor of buying a PC single. So.... instead of feeding my habit, I opted for a PC hit that it one of my favorite Hamilton cards now!

[Image: JoshHamiltonYuDarvish10.jpg]

RE: I finally gave in to people saying "buy singles instead"
oOoOo sweet card! is it numbered?
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

Yes, it is /10.

Bet you that cost the same as a box or two or three

I'm right there with you... I dropped $110 on a box of Finest the other day, in hopes of what? Pulling a Cespedes auto? The base ones are going for $40 on ebay!

Ended up getting a lovely Yonder Alonso patch auto /199 FTW
Awesome purchase BTW
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

great pick up man!! I know its hard to give up boxes, but in the long run its worth it!! Take it from me, I'm addicted to '12 Tribute, havent ripped one pack yet. It blows my mind the amount of singles Ive bought vs. the now $400 per box price!!!
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

Just added up how much I've spent on Wax in the past 4 months... Could buy a Cespedes lucky redemption, all the tier one's auto's, and a Ginter red ink auto... Bleh (threw up in own mouth)
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Haha. The trick is to stop adding it up. It's kind of like standing near a ledge- it's no big deal as long as you don't look down.

(08-18-2012, 06:58 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I have a wax addiction but there was one card in Finest that made me give up my addiction for a little while in favor of buying a PC single. So.... instead of feeding my habit, I opted for a PC hit that it one of my favorite Hamilton cards now!

[Image: JoshHamiltonYuDarvish10.jpg]
Awesome card! I am with you 100% about wax addiction. I am starting to see the light also on just buying singles instead. I have started to buy singles more frequently and am alot happier about where my Cole Hamels Collection is headed because of it. That being said I did just spend some extra cash on boxes and then the card I've wanted most popped up on EBAY and I don't have the money since I spent it on boxes. Will be taking a break from wax in hopes the card I want doesn't sell til I have the money