`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent MJ Pickups PICS UPDATED 8/21

RE: Recent MJ Pickups PICS
(08-19-2012, 09:00 AM)blingting Wrote: whoa sick MJs, the old finest refractors are awesome

very nice pickups
Thanks! The Finest refractor is a card I have wanted for a long time!
(08-19-2012, 09:16 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: I always wanted to get my hands on that SP Championship and that Jam City is real nice. Great pickups
Thanks! Oddly enough the Jam City card is hard to come across. You dont see many of them on Ebay.
(08-19-2012, 10:19 AM)buckunteer Wrote: Just gotta keep dangling all these MJs I need over me, don't ya? Love that playoff heroes die-cut, that's way up on my want list, as is that MJ/Kobe topps insert.

Refractors go without saying. I pretty much consume every Mitch Richmond refractor I can get my hands on and pray I hit the MJs in packs cause I can't afford them haha (have 4 MJ refractors, all were pulled). Great stuff man!
Haha it is not even like that! I just dont by wax EVER so all my money goes for singles...I am happier this way because I get the cards I for sure want....even though I miss busting packs!
(08-19-2012, 12:49 PM)jeterfan5128 Wrote: that finest refractor is awesome! sweet MJ cards
Thanks!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I wish I had the discipline to buy the singles instead, I'm just too addicted to busting the wax! I have picked up a lot of singles of my other PC guy though, Mitch Richmond, because they can be had so much cheaper. Got a $25 Mitch for 99 cents. NEVER gonna happen with an MJ lol.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(08-19-2012, 06:01 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I wish I had the discipline to buy the singles instead, I'm just too addicted to busting the wax! I have picked up a lot of singles of my other PC guy though, Mitch Richmond, because they can be had so much cheaper. Got a $25 Mitch for 99 cents. NEVER gonna happen with an MJ lol.
Yeah I was the same way when I first got back into collecting. Primarily when MJ was still in UD products. Now that he isnt, I said no more busting wax because for 1 I couldnt get MJ and 2 I couldnt get even close back to what I was paying..not even in trade value. I just felt I was spending so much money on stuff I didnt want. The cards I needed/wanted were higher end MJ cards and people dont usually trade those. So instead of spending 100 on a box and taking the risk of getting nothing, I just put that 100 towards a MJ card.

Nice start
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(08-19-2012, 06:04 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Yeah I was the same way when I first got back into collecting. Primarily when MJ was still in UD products. Now that he isnt, I said no more busting wax because for 1 I couldnt get MJ and 2 I couldnt get even close back to what I was paying..not even in trade value. I just felt I was spending so much money on stuff I didnt want. The cards I needed/wanted were higher end MJ cards and people dont usually trade those. So instead of spending 100 on a box and taking the risk of getting nothing, I just put that 100 towards a MJ card.
I get that completely. But if, for example, I spend $100 on an old school box, let's say I hit a $25 MJ and get $40 in trade value from the box. That leaves $35 left over, but to me that's money spent on entertainment, like going to the movies or something, because I enjoy it so much.

Terrible justification? Absolutely, but I do it anyway haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(08-19-2012, 10:05 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I get that completely. But if, for example, I spend $100 on an old school box, let's say I hit a $25 MJ and get $40 in trade value from the box. That leaves $35 left over, but to me that's money spent on entertainment, like going to the movies or something, because I enjoy it so much.

Terrible justification? Absolutely, but I do it anyway haha.
Oh no man, I completly agree. Although I do not bust wax, cards are seen as "entertainment" to me too. Cards are really the only thing I spend my money on (besides the obvious things like food, gas, bills, etc). So for me to spend money on cards that is the only thing I view as an extra in my life. So I fully understand busting wax. I guess for me personally I am super unlucky (or so I think) so I tend to stay away from it. haha!

Buying singles is so much better in my opinion as well! Like nick said, then for SURE you get what you want. Plus if you save and save, sure you might only be able to get one expensive card every 6 months... But over time you'll eventually have a SUPER high end collection that'll make it all worth it!!

just picked up this one on eBay. Paid $1.50 over bv, but it's always nice to add a gem mint to the collection, even if it isn't a high-end one!

[Image: gemmintMJx.jpg]

(08-20-2012, 03:54 PM)bengu Wrote: Buying singles is so much better in my opinion as well! Like nick said, then for SURE you get what you want. Plus if you save and save, sure you might only be able to get one expensive card every 6 months... But over time you'll eventually have a SUPER high end collection that'll make it all worth it!!
Yeah, ever since I stopped buying boxes my MJ collection has slowly became better. I have a ton of 100-200 BV cards. I wish I could afford the cards that book for more than that, but I personally still find it hard to buy a card for 300+ dollars.
(08-20-2012, 04:22 PM)buckunteer Wrote: just picked up this one on eBay. Paid $1.50 over bv, but it's always nice to add a gem mint to the collection, even if it isn't a high-end one!

[Image: gemmintMJx.jpg]
Nice card man! I think you did good on this because if you would have sent the card in to grade yourself it would of cost at least $7 dollars to get graded, if not more depending on your service.

(08-20-2012, 05:02 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Yeah, ever since I stopped buying boxes my MJ collection has slowly became better. I have a ton of 100-200 BV cards. I wish I could afford the cards that book for more than that, but I personally still find it hard to buy a card for 300+ dollars.

Nice card man! I think you did good on this because if you would have sent the card in to grade yourself it would of cost at least $7 dollars to get graded, if not more depending on your service.
exactly my reasoning. Even if I get it for $2 and then get it graded it was still cheaper this way.