`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinda odd question about Beckett grading..

Kinda odd question about Beckett grading..
I have been attempting to make my own cards using the blank fillers you get in packs and pieces of my kids clothes they have out grown,of course making my own dribbled on mem cards.My question is will Beckett grade a non factory made card?If I can make one that I like I would love to have it in the protective casing,not really concerned about the grade.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]

RE: Kinda odd question about Beckett grading..
I'd have to say no.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

They should have a way to order a card simply slabbed.I doubt demand is enough for them to justify it but it would be nice to have the option,well at least in my little world they would have the option.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]

(08-18-2012, 10:17 PM)mpc2876 Wrote: They should have a way to order a card simply slabbed.I doubt demand is enough for them to justify it but it would be nice to have the option,well at least in my little world they would have the option.
They do have simply the authentic non-graded option but not for homemade cards
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

would like to hear more as I would be interested in doing the same thing for my kids

I have made one so far but it was just a trial thing.Just to see what kinda thing I was getting into.I will post a pic soon and show the results.Not the best but like I said it was just a try and see thing.

sounds like a cool idea!! you should def post pics when you got some made

Yes they are dubious, but I have sent my kids cards they get on photo day for their team to GMA to be slabbed. I just attached a sticky note to the package explaining that the card was of my son's picture day (his lacrosse and hockey cards) and was it possible if they could slab them. Not only did they slab them with a full label (year/company etc...) they gave them all 10s (insert joke about GMA giving everything a 10 here) even though some of them had pin holes in them from being up on a bulletin board. My son loved them.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Awesome,thanks.I think when ready I will send the cards to them.

(08-19-2012, 12:45 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Yes they are dubious, but I have sent my kids cards they get on photo day for their team to GMA to be slabbed. I just attached a sticky note to the package explaining that the card was of my son's picture day (his lacrosse and hockey cards) and was it possible if they could slab them. Not only did they slab them with a full label (year/company etc...) they gave them all 10s (insert joke about GMA giving everything a 10 here) even though some of them had pin holes in them from being up on a bulletin board. My son loved them.