`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to vent about group breaks...

I need to vent about group breaks...
we all know for everyone out there that has bought in on a team break. its literally all about the luck of the pull. Last month I bought in on a national treasures break.. I picked the saints like I normally do in hoping of landing a nice ingram. there was part of me that thought maybe I should buy in on the panthers. the auction price was a little over 60 bucks and I thought well maybe not.. the chances of a cam coming out of those is next to impossible. low and behold a /5 cam newton auto with a perfect centered panther came out of the pull.. it looked beautiful.. I almost crapped my self. I thought holy crap.. well heres the new news. I just got done participating in a case break of 12 inception. I saw the colts were up around 80 bucks and thought.. ehhh!? naw theres no way that would happen again.. I paid 30 bucks and just decided to go back with the saints. well last box and low and behold came out a /5 Andrew luck, Justin blackmon, robert griffin 3rd and trent richardson auto patch card.. I have only participated in 3 breaks the ones I have been apart of have all pulled some big hits. inclucding those 2 cards and a cam newton 1/1. either I bring good luck to other people or this is just the way it is.. as soon as I partcipate in another break and buy a team with a first round rookie.. I seriously doubt I would even hit a single card..... I did get a nice nick toon though.. please lmk if this has happened to anyone else.. I need to go clean my underwear from seeing that monster hit..
[Image: ojmagg.png]
Bucket: http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40...l%20cards/
Help Me Build These Rainbows. Trading in your favor!
http://photobucket.com/Rainbowset

RE: I need to vent about group breaks...
It's the way breaks go. Your chances of getting any hits based on 1 team are slim. You're almost better off buying the whole box then selling or trading what you get in that box or buying singles. I won't do group breaks. Been burned once and that was enough for me
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

That's why i try to participate in group breaks that use random organize to pick what team you get then you don't have to worry about thinking about the team you thought about picking! I know of a good site that uses random org if you are interested.
Collect Ryan Braun, Robin Yount, Aaron Rodgers, Packers and Brewers Autos

(08-18-2012, 12:08 AM)mitchreid2000 Wrote: That's why i try to participate in group breaks that use random organize to pick what team you get then you don't have to worry about thinking about the team you thought about picking! I know of a good site that uses random org if you are interested.
fill me in.... I usually pick my favorite team cause thats who I collect. I found it really interesting. I saw that quad hit come from my break tonight, found another one on ebay, and I saw someone else on the forum hit that card. we found 3 of them.. Ive been looking for a /25 over a year now and found the superfractor to the set and still yet to see the /25.

Also those high end products where there are like 5 cards to a pack and only 1 pack in a box are near impossible to find anything nice.

I spent around $40-$50 on 3 live breaks last week one of them being an inception break where not a single player from the team I bought (Cowboys) was pulled. Then went to target yesterday spend $20 on some 2012 Topps and pulled 2 autos including a Doug Martin '84 Topps insert that goes for around $100 on ebay and the one I pulled was #9 out of 100 and the only single digit one on the bay so far. As we speak it's around $50 with over 5 days to go yet.

(08-18-2012, 12:26 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Also those high end products where there are like 5 cards to a pack and only 1 pack in a box are near impossible to find anything nice.

I spent around $40-$50 on 3 live breaks last week one of them being an inception break where not a single player from the team I bought (Cowboys) was pulled. Then went to target yesterday spend $20 on some 2012 Topps and pulled 2 autos including a Doug Martin '84 Topps insert that goes for around $100 on ebay and the one I pulled was #9 out of 100 and the only single digit one on the bay so far. As we speak it's around $50 with over 5 days to go yet.
I feel ya. dallas was all over the board tonight. I cant remeber the dudes name they signed from LSU, but he hit. I bought some prestige from walmart the other day, and hit an auto I was rather suprised. I never hit anything out of that retail crap.

(08-18-2012, 12:24 AM)chaseonbase Wrote: fill me in.... I usually pick my favorite team cause thats who I collect. I found it really interesting. I saw that quad hit come from my break tonight, found another one on ebay, and I saw someone else on the forum hit that card. we found 3 of them.. Ive been looking for a /25 over a year now and found the superfractor to the set and still yet to see the /25.
PM sent
Collect Ryan Braun, Robin Yount, Aaron Rodgers, Packers and Brewers Autos

Yeah not all of us make you pick a team Smile.

(08-18-2012, 12:24 AM)chaseonbase Wrote: fill me in.... I usually pick my favorite team cause thats who I collect. I found it really interesting. I saw that quad hit come from my break tonight, found another one on ebay, and I saw someone else on the forum hit that card. we found 3 of them.. Ive been looking for a /25 over a year now and found the superfractor to the set and still yet to see the /25.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.