`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Kidding Me Panini?

Are You Kidding Me Panini?
So I've been looking forward to Kendall Marshall's first actual base card not in the form of a redemption for some time now. I was even more excited when there was a chance that he would have an auto in this product: 2012-13 NBA Hoops.

Then today they come out and....

#13 pick in the draft Kendall Marshall isn't included in 2012-13 Hoops at all, not even a base card. yet scrubs like Bernard James, Quincy Acy, Quincy Miller, and Evan Fournier (who I had to look up because I've never heard of him). All of the other top 15 picks atleast have a base card, is there something I don't know about this or are the people at panini continuing to prove why I don't bust basketball anymore?

Very Frustrated Kendall Marshall Supercollector
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

RE: Are You Kidding Me Panini?
Quite possibly he has signed an exclusive contract with upper deck and therefore isn't available just now. Either that or he hasn't officially signed with his team yet meaning all early season stuff won't have his cards. More than likely the second option.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(08-17-2012, 06:06 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Quite possibly he has signed an exclusive contract with upper deck and therefore isn't available just now.
He is not allowed to sign with UD since they no longer have the NBA license, and they are not allowed to make any cards of current, or rookie players.

More than likely he hasn't signed his NBA contract, or, he hasn't, or refused to sign a contract with Panini to make cards of him.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I know that he has signed his rookie contract, he did so on July the 16th.

he already signed his contract. there are cards of him in other panini products. i read somewhere it could be they want diff pics from the other products and they supposedly dont have any. very weird.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

He has 3 redemptions with Panini already (which I have,) so what does this mean?
(08-17-2012, 06:16 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: he already signed his contract. there are cards of him in other panini products. i read somewhere it could be they want diff pics from the other products and they supposedly dont have any. very weird.
All I know is I'm ticked. another good reason why I stopped collecting basketball, and focus mainly on baseball now.

(08-17-2012, 06:19 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: He has 3 redemptions with Panini already (which I have,) so what does this mean?

All I know is I'm ticked. another good reason why I stopped collecting basketball, and focus mainly on baseball now.
I feel your pain. I had to wait a year before I could get a Kyrie Irving RC, lol. You may be able to pickup some of his stuff that others have commented about and get a jump on his stuff since you're probably his first super collecter. Good luck
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(08-17-2012, 06:13 PM)shezdoni Wrote: He is not allowed to sign with UD since they no longer have the NBA license, and they are not allowed to make any cards of current, or rookie players.
Then how are they able to put out SP Authentic and all their NCAA stuff, like Jimmer last year? He had autos in that product ...

(08-17-2012, 07:10 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Then how are they able to put out SP Authentic and all their NCAA stuff, like Jimmer last year? He had autos in that product ...
because ud bought the ncaa licensing. notice they are not in nba gear.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(08-17-2012, 07:21 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: because ud bought the ncaa licensing. notice they are not in nba gear.
That's not what I was asking about.

UD is allowed to make cards of current rookies, they just have to be in their college uniforms and not exclusive to Panini.

He said they weren't allowed to make cards of current rookies.