IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dust/white flake sealed INSIDE 9.5 graded case
Lightbulb 
Dust/white flake sealed INSIDE 9.5 graded case
Hi,
I recently purchased a 2002 Bowman Drafts Picks Chrome Refractors Joey Votto RC graded 9.5 off of Ebay and when I received the card, I noticed that there is a piece of dust, a white flake of some kind sealed INSIDE the BGS case, in the upper-righthand corner, in the sky even with Votto's cap. It's a very annoyingly distracting flaw on the front of the 'card'. Is there something that can be done about this? Thanks!

edit: i'm not sure if i can link to external websites here so i apologize if not-here is a link to an image of the card on flickr though- you can see the 'flake' prominently; it IS inside the case: http://www.flickr.com/photos/84023226@N0...hotostream

RE: Dust/white flake sealed INSIDE 9.5 graded case
As bad as this.....?? A shard of paper got sealed directly in the center of the card!! This happened on 2 cards from my recent order!
You can see it in the full card photo in the auction. It is inside the slab.
Yours is very miniscule.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Regigigas-Lv-X-S...4aba7732c3

(08-09-2012, 07:38 PM)flygonfrank Wrote: As bad as this.....?? A shard of paper got sealed directly in the center of the card!! This happened on 2 cards from my recent order!
You can see it in the full card photo in the auction. It is inside the slab.
Yours is very miniscule.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Regigigas-Lv-X-S...4aba7732c3
yeah, that's ALSO unfortunate. i'm not sure why the extremity of the flaw with my graded card vs your's matters at all, (making your post seem quite silly) when my thread was created asking for help with my particular issue. yes, your's also deserves attention though.
i could also argue that since the value on the low-end of my card is $200 (i got a very good deal) and this card could also currently fetch $400+, and is a pop 11 of an mvp and superstar, and 1/3 rookie year sets of the particular player, perhaps mine is a more serious issue.-maybe this is irrelevant though.
i doubt beckett wants the publicity of having graded cards/slabs with clear flaws out and about in the marketplace, and when such money is spent on any card, any imperfection which lies with the grader (especially on a GEM MINT) is an issue. although, maybe we could CONSIDER/SELL/TRADE them as "BECKETT ERRORS" since it makes them even more rare, haha...

Well, I was just posting mine as a second example, and I agree with all of your points. It's unfortunate that Beckett doesn't take time to notice something like this, then when you send them an eMail they seem to ignore you.

The only thing that could be done would be to call them, tell them the situation, and then you'd probably have to ship it back to them again to fix. I highly doubt you would have to pay a reslab fee but you're out the extra shipping I'm sure.

If it makes you feel any better I have a few cases with Grader DNA curly cues enclosed Undecided... Love the cases hate the lack of pride in the service they provide.

I also just got a card back from beckett with a big white chunk of something sitting on top of my card. Fortunately I was able to rattle mine around and get it off of the surface. Still, we shouldnt be receiving sealed cards with garbage floating around in the cases for the money we pay. I imagine you could send it back to them and have it recased.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(08-11-2012, 10:16 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: If it makes you feel any better I have a few cases with Grader DNA curly cues enclosed Undecided... Love the cases hate the lack of pride in the service they provide.
I got the same on one of my Kobe cards.
Will definitely be sending it back for a re-slab.