`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending my first package for grading

Sending my first package for grading
Hi everyone out there this is my first attempt to send my cards to be graded and would like some help from vets who done this for years i got a couple of questions:

1. Do i HAVE to send my cards in a semi-rigid card protector? I know they asked for no screwdowns but how about one-touch in a team bag? Will they get upset? I dont care about getting my one-touches back but I would want to keep my cards safe.

2. Does Beckett send back your cards through Fed-Ex? Main resson I'm asking this is because I've seen my Fex-Ex guy in my neighborhood just leave packages on my neighbor's front door or even on their doorknob. I'm worried my $1000 investment is just gonna be snatched by a local theif while I'm at work (I'm really percautious in everything i do almost to a fault).I was going to send my cards through USPS Express Mail but I wasnt sure how they send your cards back.

Hope you all can help me as I'm anxious to send my stuff out to get graded

RE: Sending my first package for grading
Hey buddy hope I can help you.

Anytime I've coordinated a large submission for multiple people and they give me their stuff in anything but a semi-rigid protector, I put on rubber gloves and stick them in a card saver brand holder. I do NOT mess around with that policy. HOWEVER a friend of mine *has* sent stuff in NOT in a semi-rigid, specifically cards that come in sealed plastic holders with a brand logo sealing the cracks. He's had no problems in that regard.

I would guess you'd be okay with one touches but BGS outlines a preference for a reason and I tend to abide by rules (my dad's friend, a cop, called him one day laughing. Dude I was on patrol last night and saw your son downtown at the club. He's got to be the only drunk in this town that still has the presence of mind to use the crosswalk and obey the law...)

#2, yes Fedex unless your insured value is over $3k. Then it's USPS registered. To put your mind at ease though, it has to be signed for. Now I've had a Fedex person sign my name and leave them at my door in the past. I've reported it and I do not know what happened to that driver. Anyway, from that point on I have all of my BGS orders go to my office. This way there's no doubt.

Hope that helps.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

1. I've submitted 5 orders with one currently on its way back in the last year or so, I didn't use a single semi-rigid holder until order #5, Orders 1-3 were cards in their own penny sleeves, then multiple cards put inside of a 180pt top loader. I never heard a peep from Beckett about it, and I've received 10s that way as well. I've also sent various cards in magnetics (thicker patch cards) and other things that are not the recommended semi-rigids. Again, never heard a peep about it.

2. As already stated, they do send FedEx, but they also require signature confirmation.

can't you have fedex bring it to a fedex store so you can go there and pick it up?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(08-19-2012, 07:58 PM)stera8 Wrote: can't you have fedex bring it to a fedex store so you can go there and pick it up?
That is a GREAT idea. Good thinking.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram