Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITG question

ITG question
Hi guys,
I was curious to know some opinions on ITG products and their value. I tend to keep an eye on sale values of ITG Ultimate Memorabilia and similar products (Captain-C, Canada vs. The World, etc.), and I notice that even the lowest #'d cards don't sell very high. I know every player collector would like to have many of these cards in their PC's, but my main question is, why do they not sell as high as other similar cards in high end products? Is it because they are slabbed? Cards #'d between 9 and 30 just have what I consider to be very low sell values.
I realize auction sales aren't the sole way to value a card that isn't priced due to scarcity, but I know many people take stock in auction values.

So, as I said, what in your opinion is the main reason these "rare" cards don't sell very high? I can't tell if it's because ITG isn't as big a player in the game as UD or Panini? If these cards were unslabbed, would they sell higher? Is it quality issues? I'd like to get your opinions....

Thanks guys,
Aaron
Teemu count: 1642 different cards

Always looking for Selanne's
for my PC.

E-mail: suomibear8@aol.com

RE: ITG question
ITG is a great product, but the one knock against them is they cannot use the team logos. All that does is make ITG work harder to give you more bang for your buck.

(08-15-2012, 09:51 PM)rvelligan Wrote: ITG is a great product, but the one knock against them is they cannot use the team logos. All that does is make ITG work harder to give you more bang for your buck.
They can't use them in their pictures, but they still "use" them in their swatches. I wonder if the licensing issue is a big deal to collector's.
Teemu count: 1642 different cards

Always looking for Selanne's
for my PC.

E-mail: suomibear8@aol.com

(08-15-2012, 10:33 PM)teemucollector8 Wrote: They can't use them in their pictures, but they still "use" them in their swatches. I wonder if the licensing issue is a big deal to collector's.
It is a huge deal to many collectors. Even though I personally love ITG products to death, the many things that affect their overall value include:

1) Slabbed cards in the case of ITG UM are hit or miss. I like them due to the safety and security of them, but many people do not like them because they are tougher to store and prevent them from touching the swatches within.

2) Licensing, as previously mentioned. A lot of people only want the here- and-now NHL rookies in their NHL uniforms. The inability to make rookie cards, or cards of many youngsters under license with Upper Deck or Panini chops their market considerably.

3) Design. Because of a lack of a license, ITG cannot use the fine images on Getty Images. As a result, they recycle many of the same photos over and over and over again on their cards, some of which are pretty low-resolution. Generally, their overall card designs are pretty ordinary and not as sparkly or high-res as the competitors'.

4) No serial numbering. Just having a stated print run online is not enough in many cases as not all collectors make themselves aware of these things. If all of the ITG cards were serial numbered and not just given a stated print run online, there would definitely be a noticeable improvement in resale and retrade value.

That my friend was perfectly said!
By the way where do you look to see about unprinted serial numbered cards like ITG cards?

Why dont they just photoshop the logos off the jerseys, then they can use a better variety of pictures...
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

My 2 cents on ITG....

I'm a player collector & I do NOT pick up ITG products. Nothing against the company, or what Doc Price does. I just do not care for the overall design style of ITG cards, their serial numbering system is confusing, and the lack of an NHL license really hurts the collectability & value in my eyes.

Its a simple supply and demand issue and it is happening to all products not just ITG. The market is so flooded that GU and autos are just not hard to find and not as collectible. UD and Panini cards are the same, they sell for a fraction of what they use to. Even the highend products sell for much lower than they first did.

Its great for collectors who buy individual cards of ebay but horrible for those who love to open packs and boxes. Its hard to get enough resell value to even break even on what collectors are paying for the boxes and packs.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

I agree with androsfl. The design is boring and I don't collect them for my PC's. I have a few Roy's but they were included in different lots that I purchased.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

The trademark is the issue. I think their designs are great and I think they are very innovative with their product.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/