`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some advice on a walter payton rookie

need some advice on a walter payton rookie
i went into the lcs today he has a walter payton rookie well really 2 of them both are beautiful i am not a pro grader by any means but they are well centered and sharp corners i have been drooling over the one for about a year the price has steadily dropped but it is still $100 and i dont have that 2 shell out well this is the first time i have seen the 2nd one like i said well centered and sharp corners he had it marked for $50 so i was looking at it was ready to walk out with it then i noticed in the top right corner it looks like a small piece of tape or something was there you can see the cardboard it still is nice looking card but is worth the $50 now let me know what you think, and if any one has one that isnt in great shape you would be willing to trade me let me know.

RE: need some advice on a walter payton rookie
Well that is a tough one without seeing the card itself. My way of looking at is the card is 36 years old and hard to find in "decent" condition. If you can deal with the condition then I don't 50 is to much to ask IMO.
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

i may take some cards down and see if i can trade him out of it so i dont have to shell out the 50 i mean it isnt bad at all i almost didnt notice it if i get i would want to have it slabbed i know that centering and corners would grade nice but how much would the surface hurt it

Why dont you try a part trade part sale where you trade $50 and spend $50 for the one w/o the surface issue. IMO would rather have the one in better shape for $50 more if I could find a way to do it.

i dont know if he would do that but i'll try never know right

the only bad thing about trading with him is that he wants $2 for $1 so if he did work something out like that i would have to give $100 bv cards plus $50 or if he would do something for the cheap one then it would be $100 bv or maybe $25 and $50 bv i am gonna try to work something out with him tomorrow