`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994-95 Skybox Premium Slammin' Universe - Variant?

1994-95 Skybox Premium Slammin' Universe - Variant?
I recieved some cards today that I bought from a collector at another site (some for pc's, other's for sets) and found one card that - at first glance i thought "got this one". when I looked at it again, I noticed the foil was a different color. The card is 1994-95 Skybox Premium Slammin' Universe #SU7 - Patrick Ewing. The one I've already got is blue foil (i assume the standard one), this new one is, very definitely, green/aqua foil and it is not faded. I've already checked the beckett database and found nothing. Does anyone have any idea if this is promo/variant/parallel? Odditycards might know.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

RE: 1994-95 Skybox Premium Slammin' Universe - Variant?
I never really paid any attention to it, but I do remember that they all varied in color from blue, purple, green to even a brownish shade (even for the same player). I will have to dig some of them out to see. I don't think that it's a variant of any kind. I think that it's just the way that they were made.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I just broke a box of that year's skybox a few months ago.. I'll have to dig them out to take a look... I do remember seeing promo cards of them when I was a kid... but can't remember if there was a color difference or not..

Can you post scans of the two cards you have?
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Jpleaz, if i can figure out how to get my computer to save images in the proper format (saving them in jpeg format for some reason) I would. But I do know the new one i got (ewing card) is definitely green, is definitely shinier and the back ground effects standout more.

Taffster... you using a scanner or camera to transfer the pics? if you save them in jpeg, you can right click, rename & put .jpg instead... it should switch the format no problem.. I had to do that with my old school digital camera..

I tried to find mine today, but got to unpack my card boxes to figure out which box they're in..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Using a scanner. When I first got it, i could scan photos and send them to photobucket no problems. then one day, my pc just decided - nope, i'm gonna do this. I'm not really technically savvy so i'm buggered if i know what's going on.

Here's some pics of some of the ones I have:

[Image: photo-5.jpg]

It's hard to tell from the pic, but the one on the top is slightly different than the second Ewing. It has more of a greener look to it. I figure that it could have come from the cards being displayed or some type of light hitting them, making them appear different.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

It might be the scans, Kenarm. Your top one is a bit more like the new one I picked up, but doesn't have as much green through it (going by the scan at least).