`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a difference between retail and hobby boxes?

Is there a difference between retail and hobby boxes?
I'm looking to buy my first box of cards and was doing some research online. I see the retail boxes are cheaper but I read around here that most people look for hobby boxes. I read that the hobby boxes have better cards, as far as autos and such. Is this true? I don't mind spending the extra cash for a shot at some better cards so looking for input before I buy.

Thank you.
Currently collecting Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Charles Woodson.

Go Pack Go!

RE: Is there a difference between retail and hobby boxes?
Yep Hobby boxes tend to have more hits and better hits such as on card auto's compared to sticker auto's in retail and where as Retail usually has only 1 or 2 hits per box Hobby can have up to 3 or 4.

I also depends on the cards. Some brands even have cheaper base cards with little color, no foil or luminous properties like the 2001 Pacific Dynagon retail are plain white and don't have the serial numbered rookies like the hobby version.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

Topps Prime a couple years ago the retail and hobby versions had totally different photos with the hobby version having the more desirable photos while retail had more generic photos.

I will not say, "Go hobby, or go home," but I always go for hobby when I can afford it. Just check out the odds before purchasing. In my experience, I am always happy with my results opening hobbies.

(Then again, I am happy opening just about any cards. That is why am am still here, looking out my window, waiting for FedEx to show up with my package from Beckett. Sometimes that 45-day option drivers me crazy with anticipation, but it so much more affordable to me, and I can get more card graded that way. How the heck long does it take to drive a package to Wisconsin from Texas?)

Whatever you open, just have fun. If you are not having fun, go do something else.

I am going to a window with a better view of the road.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.