Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HELP! 1997 Donruss Preferred Platinum
Question 
HELP! 1997 Donruss Preferred Platinum
I have a 1997 Donruss Preferred Platinum #1 Emmitt Smith. Does anyone know the stated print run for these cards? Would appreciate any help on this. Thanks. -Dean

RE: HELP! 1997 Donruss Preferred Platinum
100 the print run is listed in organize.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

(08-13-2012, 02:46 AM)rburkett Wrote: 100 the print run is listed in organize.
Could you provide a link to the card, because I can't even find it there, I looked. Thanks!

(08-13-2012, 10:33 AM)portlandcards Wrote: Could you provide a link to the card, because I can't even find it there, I looked. Thanks!
The print run of 100 is for the Precious Metals Platinum card. I believe you are asking about the base card in the set (which is from the Platinum sub-set) and there was no announced print run, just that they were 1 in 48 packs. Here is a rundown on what Beckett says about the 1997 Donruss Preferred set:
http://www.beckett.com/football/1997/donruss-preferred/
The 1997 Donruss Preferred set was issued in one series totalling 150 cards. The fronts feature color player photos on all-foil, micro-etched card stock with micro-etched borders. The set is divided into 80 bronze (5:1 insert odds), 40 silver (1:5), 20 gold (1:17), and 10 platinum cards (1:48) cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-13-2012, 12:24 PM)djohn Wrote: The print run of 100 is for the Precious Metals Platinum card. I believe you are asking about the base card in the set (which is from the Platinum sub-set) and there was no announced print run, just that they were 1 in 48 packs. Here is a rundown on what Beckett says about the 1997 Donruss Preferred set:
http://www.beckett.com/football/1997/donruss-preferred/
The 1997 Donruss Preferred set was issued in one series totalling 150 cards. The fronts feature color player photos on all-foil, micro-etched card stock with micro-etched borders. The set is divided into 80 bronze (5:1 insert odds), 40 silver (1:5), 20 gold (1:17), and 10 platinum cards (1:48) cards.
Ah, thank you very much! That's what was confusing, I didn't realize there was a platinum (and gold, silver, and bronze) sub-set to the base set. They don't have platinum in the description either, it's just a 'P'.

That's a little disappointing, but I'm glad my card is now correctly identified. Thank you very much for the help! -Dean

If you had the Precious metal insert you can tell the difference because they are heavier, all metal not foil with cardboard back and have a different image on them. I pulled a couple Tiki Barber silvers and they are very nice cards.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

Just to add the precious metals state precious meatls on the front and are encased in laminate.. this is the e. Smith PM
[Image: emmitt.jpg]