`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st ebay box break win

1st ebay box break win
just won a Nino Niederreiter hard signed AUTO from 2010-11 Panini Playoff Contenders

heres the link if you want to see..

won the Isles auction for only $2.72 + free shipping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jMivXRiHhk

RE: 1st ebay box break win
so how does a box break work?

(08-12-2012, 08:21 PM)josiahcecil Wrote: so how does a box break work?
You pay a certain amount for the hits for a specific team. The seller opens the box on camera and you see if you have "won" any cards. I have done pretty well on some, but get shut out a lot too.

Thanks,
Nathan

So you pay an amount for the cards of a specific team? Do you get all cards of players from that team to include ser,auto, and mem cards?

Some sellers send you only the "hits" - inserts, RC, any non-base cards and some will include the commons with the hits if you ask. It's a good way for team collectors to only get the team they want or for general collectors to (possibly) get a some of a product without paying full price for a box. For example, I've bought into a couple of Rookie Contenders breaks by winning a couple of teams like maybe Minnesota for $2.65 winning bid and Chicago (a greater potential of a nice hit) for $5.33 or something. The seller records the break (usually showing the sealed box and without editing the recording) and e-mails a link to the winners after uploading. Then I get to see a box break in which I've invested $7.98 and I'll get any hit that comes from those two teams. Cards with more than one player/team usually get the team names randomized and the person with the team at top of the list after randomization gets the card.

Sellers usually make more than they would than if selling the box whole to a single buyer in return for filming the break and posting in on YouTube or their own site. Buyers on a budget or team collectors still get to "bust some wax" while saving their big money for other products. You'll probably be better off just buying what you want straight up, but there is a possible thrill when/if you hit something big.

Just search FeeBay for "box break" under the sport you collect and you'll see a ton of them. Be sure to read all the fine print.
Looking for ITG Decades 1980s Autos: Jim Craig (USA), Tony Esposito (SP), Dave Keon (SP), Mario Lemieux (SP), Mark Messier - both (SP), Ken Morrow (USA), Jack O'Callahan (USA), Mike Ramsey (USA), Patrick Roy (SP), Joe Sakic, Dave Silk (USA), Vladislav Tretiak (SP). Will trade or make offer. Thanks!

nice hit

and sometimes you win and sometimes you loose
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Nice card, congrats.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Congrats. Too bad Nino isn't doing as well as most people projected. He got called up too quickly, (because of the Isles cheapness to bring in any free agents), and got most of his playing time on the 4th line with a clueless coach, (who Nino actually said in an interview does not talk to him), so it's no surprise he ended up with only 1 goal & 0 assists in 50 games.

He should start next year, (lockout pending), in the AHL to regain his confidence. Unfortunately, the Isles franchise right now will not give him a position to shine & prove he was worth the 5th overall pick.

god please no lockout hopefully the NHL will show more class than the NBA and figure it out soon

(08-13-2012, 12:24 PM)azicet Wrote: Congrats. Too bad Nino isn't doing as well as most people projected. He got called up too quickly, (because of the Isles cheapness to bring in any free agents), and got most of his playing time on the 4th line with a clueless coach, (who Nino actually said in an interview does not talk to him), so it's no surprise he ended up with only 1 goal & 0 assists in 50 games.

He should start next year, (lockout pending), in the AHL to regain his confidence. Unfortunately, the Isles franchise right now will not give him a position to shine & prove he was worth the 5th overall pick.
yeah I know Garth Snow is hard to fiugeringrind out