`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cool Ebay Story! PICS!

Cool Ebay Story! PICS!
Over the past couple weeks I have had some horrible luck with Ebay. I have been debating on giving card collecting a break. During the past two weeks I have received 4-5 cards that were in horrible shape. The seller did not mention the condition and the pics did not show it either. For example I received a card yesterday with 3 severe creases in the actual card. I have got refunds and such but I have been very discouraged with buying anything that is not graded. I think sellers could care less about the condition and just want the money thus not even checking the condition. This is not all sellers but I have had a string of bad luck lately. They claim the card is NRMT-MINT but I personally think this is just a way to list the cards, in bulk without really checking them. Then today I got a cool package that gave me hope.

This is the card that I purchased. I paid a little under $90 for it with free shipping. The seller was amazing and gave me a couple additional days to pay because I was waiting for a card replacement.
[Image: 100_2944.jpg]

He also threw this in, which I knew about, for free:
[Image: 100_2941.jpg]

Figuring this is all I was getting, I continued to open up more smaller packages to get all this:
[Image: 100_2942.jpg]

Figuring I was once again done, I came across this last....mind you all for free!
[Image: 100_2943.jpg]

Now I am very happy. The card I received that I actually purchased I am happy about. Then not to mention all the free cards as well! I am a little more at ease with purchasing on Ebay. There were even more cards than pictured! He probably gave me $75 BV worth of free cards!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Cool Ebay Story! PICS!
Awesome! very nice story and glad to see a seller be so kind!!! I myself have had much more positive rather than negative experiences when it comes to buying cards on ebay.Nice additions Smile
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

(08-11-2012, 04:32 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote: Awesome! very nice story and glad to see a seller be so kind!!! I myself have had much more positive rather than negative experiences when it comes to buying cards on ebay.Nice additions Smile
Yeah, I have too until recently. All sellers have been cool about it and issued refunds without question, but it still stinks when you are anticipating a card and it comes damaged. Oh well, got to take this positive and run with it!

good story nick!!!! i assume you already have a slick silver in your collection, i still need one for mine.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Wow nice story and nice kemp....I'm gonna have to get some jordans for all these cards you got I need.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Congrats on the nice freebie inserts! Some great looking cards in there!

(08-11-2012, 05:25 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: good story nick!!!! i assume you already have a slick silver in your collection, i still need one for mine.
Yes, I already have it. I am going to keep the one that is in the best condition. The one I received today though looked mint!
(08-11-2012, 07:31 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Wow nice story and nice kemp....I'm gonna have to get some jordans for all these cards you got I need.
Yes, please do! I do not see myself trading my GP's or the Kemp away anytime soon. Let me know if you pick anything up!
(08-11-2012, 10:13 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: Congrats on the nice freebie inserts! Some great looking cards in there!
Thanks! I am really excited about the SPX Jordan card. Have been wanting that for a while now!

Some people just make the world a better place. I am glad you found one!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Man this thread just cheered me up. The post office has lost that Ewing Finest card that I returned for a refund because I bought the refractor. Now because I did what I was suppose to, instead of filing a item not recieved... I am out the purchase price and the return shipping.

Then I open a mailer today expecting to add an MJ card to a set and then realize I have recieved the Jumbo version..NOT THE CARD I PURCHASED ONCE AGAIN!!! (different seller)

I also have been contemplating a break from the hobby..then I read this thread. It reminded me about how a member here Toddapp79 or something collected piston cards and when we traded he sent me some great thunder extras as well....one of them being this card.

[Image: keepers_0003.jpg]

It is #'d 4/5 and is possibly the best Nick Collison card that you can get in a Thunder Uni. I am a huge Collison fan and I have even had a Collison 1/1 logo card and didn't enjoy as much as I have this Collison. I love the cards in the Thunder Unis...I have given too much for 2nd and 3rd year cards of Thunder players because of that being the uniform that they were pictured in and this card is still my favorite and the crazy thing is that it was free!

I even purchased a RC Patch of a Piston to send to toddapp after I recieved this and sent it to him as appreciation...ONCE AGAIN Toddapp THANKS..and thanks you nick for posting this thread. It is refreshing to hear the good news that there are great sellers and traders still in this hobby.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

a cautionary word: The surface on those slick silvers is hard to evaluate. I would've had a 9 or a 9.5 on mine if my surface grade wasn't awful (7).

That said, awesomeness in every way! Makes me consider even tossing in extras to the unknowns when I occasionally sell something on the 'bay. Great stuff!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]