`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Farewell to modern cards!

RE: Farewell to modern cards!
I will just stick with my Derek Jeter collection. I believe I am currently at 7,500 cards of his and my 90's numbers are not right but I am working on getting that accurate as well on my signature but that will take a little bit of time as I was gone for a year and was still buying cards of his.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

When I received an E-mail informing me this thread had been resurrected, I have to say I was a bit surprised. It has been more than a year, and I thought the topic would have long since been buried.

In the 10 months that have followed I have managed to successfully condense my collection into a single dresser drawer, which is easy to organize and maintain. I am filled with pride of each item I own, and each piece has a story to be told.

Looking back after almost a year I have to say that is much more fulfilling to have a small, focused collection rather than one that is all encompassing.

As an aside, I should mention that ultimately I decided to part with most of my vintage cards as well. The T206s, the Goudeys, the 1950s Bowmans and Topps issues as well. In the end, the only card that felt special to me was my 1911 M110 Christy Mathewson (my avatar) and began building a collection around that.

Since that initial post I have purchased nothing but New York Giant cabinet cards, some of which truly amaze me.

I am happy to say I have absolutely no regrets with my collection purge, and for the first time in many, many, years I am proud of every item in my collection. And, more importantly, confident in their authenticity!

I like vintage but do not know enough about it and the cards are so expensive if you want one in decent condition. Eventually I will be into it more.
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby