`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
heads up on a couple ebay shill bidders

RE: heads up on a couple ebay shill bidders
(10-18-2012, 10:15 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Whats the difference between waiting to make a manual bid a few seconds before the auction ends, and having a program do the samething for you? Not sure how on earth you can consider it just as bad and dishonest as shilling.
Ya I'm not sure how thats bad and dishonest either. I've never used a program, but I always wait till the last 20 seconds or so to place a bid. I do that so it's harder to get shilled and run up but I don't see how using a program to do it is any different.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

Thats what proxy bidding is for. If you need a special program to get an upper hand. Then i feel its a lame. Just my opinion. If you are ok with it. Then cool.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(10-18-2012, 10:10 AM)robsvideos Wrote: I think a snipe program is just as bad and dishonest.
I did one of two things. 1. Wait until there's less than 10 seconds to bid on an item or 2. I forget about it.

3. Now I snipe.

1. The seller sold his item for more than what he would have sold it for had I not bid. + for the seller.

2. The seller did not sell the item for as much as he would have had I bid on the item. - for the seller.

3. The seller sold his item for than he would have had I forgotten about it, and just as much had I manually waited for there to be 10 seconds left to bid. + for the seller.

If you think I am going to bid on an item with 7 days left and jack up the price you're out of your mind. THAT'S lame.

There is nothing wrong with sniping. Auctions aren't listed for 7 days so people bid for 7 days, they are to gain exposure in hopes of increasing the amount of people bidding on the item.

Go ahead and expand on why it's "bad and dishonest". I have a hard time believing you'll come up with better reasons than I.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Sniping is fine as long as you do it personally. I'm talking about people who use a computer program to do it for them.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

When I say I "snipe" I am referring to computer programs. There's absolutely ZERO difference between wasting my time in front of a computer waiting for the last 10 seconds and having a computer program doing it for me. Zero.

I use a program to do it all the time. I'm cool with it. Especially because I win almost all of them.

(10-19-2012, 02:12 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I use a program to do it all the time. I'm cool with it. Especially because I win almost all of them.
And if you didn't use the sniping program? The seller would have sold their item for less than if you hadn't bid at all.

Do you think the seller would rather sell it for less because it's "dishonest" and "just as bad"?

How ridiculous.

I use Gixen all the time, and wouldn't have been around to bid on most of the cards I've won if I didn't use it. Its pretty awesome.

(10-20-2012, 06:52 AM)mkufta Wrote: And if you didn't use the sniping program? The seller would have sold their item for less than if you hadn't bid at all.

Do you think the seller would rather sell it for less because it's "dishonest" and "just as bad"?

How ridiculous.
Exactly. I sell stuff all the time and I would encourage EVERYONE to do it! Haha How many people plan to bid on my auctions and forget? Anything that gets me bids is fine by me!