`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
heads up on a couple ebay shill bidders

heads up on a couple ebay shill bidders
Giving you guys a heads up...I was getting shill bid pretty hard on an item that is still live on the bay right now...after some investigating and checking other auctions it was not hard to figure out what was going on...just a heads up to watch out for these two user names..

soccaslave328
anthonylp1985
looking furture on each persons feedback they have had "multiple" transactions.....wow...i just dont understand the stupidity of people

RE: heads up on a couple ebay shill bidders
I hate them too with a passion... (shillers) but what can you do??? ebay is been taken over by them... invest in a good sniper program and be done with it...

What exactly are shillers? I've been bidding on some Rodgers cards and don't want to get played.
Currently collecting Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Charles Woodson.

Go Pack Go!

(08-10-2012, 12:09 PM)slotman11 Wrote: I hate them too with a passion... (shillers) but what can you do??? ebay is been taken over by them... invest in a good sniper program and be done with it...
thanks slot...which one would you reccommend

(08-10-2012, 12:45 PM)rwgreen Wrote: thanks slot...which one would you reccommend
he means just wait til the last few seconds of the auction to make your bid. then it doesnt give shillers the chance to shill you up to your max bid. if the bid is already at or higher than what you wanted to bid, then move on i guess as its already too much.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(08-10-2012, 12:30 PM)74Razor Wrote: What exactly are shillers? I've been bidding on some Rodgers cards and don't want to get played.
Shill Bidding is when someone deliberately bids on cards as a favor to someone else, to raise the price the seller gets. There is no intention to actually win the card, and if the shill bidder does win, no actual sale happens, and no money is spent. Sometimes the seller and the shill bidder are one and the same, just with different ebay IDs.
Shill bidders will slip in an absurd bid with nano-seconds to go.
WAYS TO BEAT SHILL BIDDERS:
#1 - Never bid a lot more than you really want to pay, just to make sure you win. Shill bidders will take you to your max. Bid only what you are willing to pay, and if you get raised up with seconds to go, RESIST another bid.
#2 - Look for items with NO bids on them, or BIN, or "make offer".
#3 - Ebay shop at 3 in the morning. Shill bidders are asleep in thier dark, damp, caves at that time. SERIOUS - look for auctions that end at very bad times (wierd AM hours - good for the bidder, bad for the seller).
rw = I am getting out of selling cards. I have had it, all I see here are people walking the malls buying #$%^%$C cell phones and shoes. I still do flea-markets, but all I sell there is team sets of local teams. I am CLEARING EVERYTHING OUT.
I still have that 2011 topps falcons gold team set (uber-nice team set), a Turner jersey card, and about to have a bunch of topps chrome falcons. A few other misc cards as well. I want to swap it all for a couple nice Packers cards, or 1 real nice Packer card. I only want 1 jersey 1 auto, and 1 RC for each Packer player. For sure I know I need the following (and probably more , just no list yet):
AUTOS = Rodgers, Matthews, Driver, AJ Hawk, stone-hands-Finley, Driver, Collins, Woodson, T.Williams.
JERSEYS = Driver, stone-hands-Finley, Driver, Collins, T.Williams, J.Jones.
BV is not important. I collect cards depending on how good they look. I just do not want any ugly cards like playoff.

(08-10-2012, 11:16 AM)rwgreen Wrote: Giving you guys a heads up...I was getting shill bid pretty hard on an item that is still live on the bay right now...after some investigating and checking other auctions it was not hard to figure out what was going on...just a heads up to watch out for these two user names..

soccaslave328
anthonylp1985
looking furture on each persons feedback they have had "multiple" transactions.....wow...i just dont understand the stupidity of people
How are you coming up with shill bidding on items that only sold for .99 cents?

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(08-10-2012, 01:23 PM)nthnoak Wrote: he means just wait til the last few seconds of the auction to make your bid. then it doesnt give shillers the chance to shill you up to your max bid. if the bid is already at or higher than what you wanted to bid, then move on i guess as its already too much.
But like he said, you can use a program to do this for you.

To answer your question, do you use Google Chrome? If so, I use the extension Myibidder.

When you have it enabled, it puts an icon on the page of the item description. I click on it, log in, put in my max bid, and then what time I want that bid to be placed.

The only bad thing about it is, an item ended for my highest bid but I didn't win it. I dont know why. Maybe it was because of when my bid was placed compared to the other persons.

There is one other bad part and that is there isn't a central location that shows all of your current snipes. So if you bid a lot, and have say 10 snipes in, you better remember you have all of those snipes in. I was always careful as to not forget and end up buying more stuff than I had money for.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

I think a snipe program is just as bad and dishonest.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

Whats the difference between waiting to make a manual bid a few seconds before the auction ends, and having a program do the samething for you? Not sure how on earth you can consider it just as bad and dishonest as shilling.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.