`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay/USPS issue- "Dead Mail"

Ebay/USPS issue- "Dead Mail"
I was wondering if anyone ever had an issue when your tracking info uploaded on EBAY says "Dead Mail"? The package was 3 RF Video shoot interview dvds, but they are released as DVD-R from the company. I am hoping someone with the USPS thinking they are bootleg dvds didnt have anything to do with this.

RE: Ebay/USPS issue- "Dead Mail"
I am betting the label got damaged in shipping making some part of it unreadable.

[quote='joe callahan13' pid='2090642' dateline='1344537176']
I am betting the label got damaged in shipping making some part of it unreadable.
[/qu

so is there anyone i can call to try to get the package or should i go ahead and refund the buyer?

Generally it goes to some sort of recovery mail place. (I forget the name) Contact the USPS and they should be able to help you out.

I would think that if the they could read the scan to get the tracking as dead mail, they would be able to back track and get the address..my DC has the address from the e-mail..

This happened to me recently. It took an extra day or so (maybe) but I did get my items from eBay. The Mail Carrier told me the item was most likely scanned and then apparently the label was "smudged" after arriving at a local sorting center. Guess it happens quite often these days with the many ways to prepare postage and shipping labels.

Side note: I do not buy anything from RF Video. Rob is a creepy pedo.....
[Image: 607a5325-12db-4a56-8533-2c567e26ee40_zpszncmoult.jpg]

To prevent address smudges, I place tape over the address portion of the ebay label, not the scan bar, the actual name and address, that way, if it gets wet, you can still read it..

(08-10-2012, 03:57 PM)blacktoothgrin Wrote: This happened to me recently. It took an extra day or so (maybe) but I did get my items from eBay. The Mail Carrier told me the item was most likely scanned and then apparently the label was "smudged" after arriving at a local sorting center. Guess it happens quite often these days with the many ways to prepare postage and shipping labels.

Side note: I do not buy anything from RF Video. Rob is a creepy pedo.....
LOL. They were older shoots that came from a grab bag from HIGHSPOTS.COM. I like Rob though. He's actually pretty cool.