`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Made me thnk twice if im just mkng a fool out of myslf 4 a piece of cardboard

RE: This Made me thnk twice if im just mkng a fool out of myslf 4 a piece of cardboard
They could have at least gotten Bo Ryan to sign it!

[Image: boryan.jpg]

RE: This Made me thnk twice if im just mkng a fool out of myslf 4 a piece of cardboard
(08-08-2012, 04:04 PM)stera8 Wrote: THIS IS AWESOME!...

..sorry, just saying..

Atleast it wasnt Twilight characters
Sadly I think those would have sold for much more than $500.

(08-08-2012, 04:33 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Example — I'm a big Triple H fan ... I'd love to get a photo taken with him sometime, but I have no desire to shell out the bucks for a "HHH" auto, when Hunter Hearst Helmsley (or whatever it is) is not his real name.
Its a moniker. In an interview with Raven a while back he stated that most of the wrestlers usually go by their ring name. In fact some get offended (like Raven) if you call them by their real name because it just makes you look like a mark.
What about the sets where players (NBA, MLB) signed their nicknames? Those cards go for ALOT more than the regular signature issue (just an example). I understand they are more scarce as well. But what about Oscar Robertson? He signed "Big O" for YEARS. Just in the last decade he started actually signing his actual name.

I think an Auto of Gary Oldman would be cool!
[Image: 0931014301_300.jpg]
Or A Cut of the Late Great Leslie Nielsen
[Image: Leslie-Nielsen-Dracula.jpg]

And worst case scenario would be something like this.....Sorry (crawls back under rock)
[Image: mikebite.jpg]
(08-08-2012, 04:33 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The Count on Sesame Street would be awesome.
X2 with "NO SPARKLE"!!!
[Image: TheCountvsEdwardCullen.jpg]

(08-08-2012, 05:12 PM)dpatera Wrote: Maybe I'm just getting in to semantics here, but while Vlad the Impaler may be the inspiration for Dracula he is not Dracula. Bela Lugosi once played the character, but again, he is not actually Dracula, either. Didn't A&G recently have a Loch Ness Monster relic, as well?

The wrestling example is an interesting one to bring up. I've thought about that whole thing, too. I'd never try to get a "Luke Skywalker" autograph, but maybe the actor who played him. As far as I know, wrestlers rarely/never sign their real names to anything, but it's still being signed by the one who is that character. I think wrestling is a bit of a special situation, though, as a lot of those people sort of live the character to some extent. I saw recently that Shawn Michaels' friends call him Shawn, and I imagine a lot of them are the same way.

I think the people who were expecting Vlad the Impaler, or Bela Lugosi, or whatever they were expecting are projecting just a little bit too much when they see Dracula.
Yeah, to me, if the wrestler's name actually is John Cena (or whatever), that's great ... but if it's "The Undertaker" or whatever, I'd rather just have a photo with him.
(08-08-2012, 09:00 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Its a moniker. In an interview with Raven a while back he stated that most of the wrestlers usually go by their ring name. In fact some get offended (like Raven) if you call them by their real name because it just makes you look like a mark.
What about the sets where players (NBA, MLB) signed their nicknames? Those cards go for ALOT more than the regular signature issue (just an example). I understand they are more scarce as well. But what about Oscar Robertson? He signed "Big O" for YEARS. Just in the last decade he started actually signing his actual name.
OK, take Triple H for example, again. His real name is Jean Paul Levesque ...

If I saw him in an airport or something (just killing time at the baggage claim or something, not eating dinner or anything like that), I would approach him and ask to take my picture with him.

But as far as what name I would call him, I would probably be unsure about it, so I'd probably just be like, "Excuse me sir, I'm a huge fan of yours ..."

But I don't see why addressing him as "Mr. Levesque" would make me a "mark" — whatever that is — seeing as how I'm being respectful and polite (other than bugging him for a picture, LOL).

That's how his Facebook page is, but maybe all of these guys are different and respond in different ways ...

(08-08-2012, 09:06 PM)juda7 Wrote: I think an Auto of Gary Oldman would be cool!
[Image: 0931014301_300.jpg]
Or A Cut of the Late Great Leslie Nielsen
[Image: Leslie-Nielsen-Dracula.jpg]

And worst case scenario would be something like this.....Sorry (crawls back under rock)
[Image: mikebite.jpg]
X2 with "NO SPARKLE"!!!
[Image: TheCountvsEdwardCullen.jpg]
And zee number of da day eez ... wooh ah ah ah

This card says on the COA on the lower right
"TOPPS CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPH ISSUE"
[Image: drac2.jpg]

This card also says on COA which is stamped
"TOPPS CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPH ISSUE"
[Image: units.jpg]

if they can issue the top card for fun just for the sake of having unique items for A&G then what stops them from issuing the bottom card faked also for fun ?

i am not saying the last card is faked but what if it is

so you were expecting a cut auto of Vlad the Impaler?....come on get real these are joke cards and anyone willing to spend that kind of money especially for a redemption deserves what they get. You know what they say about a fool and his money....
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

(08-10-2012, 07:05 PM)jerodc10 Wrote: so you were expecting a cut auto of Vlad the Impaler?....come on get real these are joke cards and anyone willing to spend that kind of money especially for a redemption deserves what they get. You know what they say about a fool and his money....
did u see anything i wrote that i was expecting fr a cut auto of vlad impaler? like what ive said the redemption is not mine .

if topps cant make an autograph of dracula, which for sure they cant since guy is as good as freddy kruger or jack the ripper , they should have not released the card in the first place. it is less headache for them to should have just released a terrorabilia costume of dracula rather than making that piece of fang marks.

im sure benchwarmer had their kiss mark 1/1 thingy

why will you sell a house and lot if you only got sand ? ... why will you sell a harley if all you got is just a bike ?

and why will topps certify the card as certified autograph wherein fact its not . Just for the fun of it ?

i just hope the day wont come that everybody finds out that all the cards they spent huge $$$$$ thinking they are game used are all fake . it only takes one whistle blower to tell the world , sorry guys we were just joking about the game used memorabilias. actually none of it were game used, they were just all replicas bought from sports houses that were on sale .

check out similar sentiments on topps products on this thread

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1510035.html