`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Going to the National worth it this year.

Was Going to the National worth it this year.
I've been to the National a couple of times. Just couldn't afford it this year. Just wondering if you did go this year. Was the trip worth going.

RE: Was Going to the National worth it this year.
This was my first one and I had a great time. I went 3 days and wish I coulda gone all 5.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

I went last year for one day and this year I bought the All Access SuperVIP pass and went all 5 days. The autograohs and meeting the players alone was worth it. Seeing all of the awesome pieces of memorabilia, even the ones I couldn't afford, was worth it. I didn't really see any good Yankees cards to buy, so I hit the bargain boxes instead. I also really wanted a Bernie Williams autographed anything and they didn't have that. The redemptions and VIP promo cards were definitly worth it too. I will now be going every year with a All Access Super VIP pass!

Fultritty, tell us more about the super VIP pass. What were the benfits of it, (cost if you are comfortable with saying), etc? Glad to hear you enjoyed it!!
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

I'm sure Fultritty could tell you better than me, but I looked at the brochure over the weekend, and it looks like you get first-in-line access, door giveaways, access to player receptions, etc.
Here's the link: http://www.nsccshow.com/vip_tickets.shtml
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(08-07-2012, 09:23 PM)Point401 Wrote: Fultritty, tell us more about the super VIP pass. What were the benfits of it, (cost if you are comfortable with saying), etc? Glad to hear you enjoyed it!!

The Super VIP All Access pass was $269. Here is what you got:

1) Entry to show for all 5 days including 1/2 early each day
2) 2 photos taken by Tristar and instantly printed out with select VIP stars
3) VIP reception on 1st day with pizza and soda, free giveaway boxes of some football product (not enough for everyone), and 2 autograph guests
4) Autographs from 18 VIP-desginated players
5) First in-line (after Platinum pass) for all autograph guests
6) 5 Tristar authentication tickets
7) VIP lounge all week access
8) 33rd National Sports Collectors Convention duffel bag
9) First in-line (after Platinum pass) at the TriStar authentication booth
10) VIP cards to include the 4 card Swamp Find set, 2 packs of the Topps VIP cards (I believe this was the only way to get all the cards as there were 2 Mantles), 2 sets of the Leaf VIP cards, 2 packs of the Panini VIP cards, 2 puzzle packs from Sportsking, 2 packs of the Upper Deck VIP cards, and 2 of the Barry Larkin rookie cards from thePit.com.
11) Free combo ticket to the Babe Ruth Museum and Sports Legends Museum in Baltimore (only good during show days)
12) Free ticket for admission for a friend to any day of the show

As you can see, this all adds up to well over the $269 invested.

Thanks for all of the info. Sounds like it was an awesome weekend and well worth it. I wil have to start saving my pennies, nickles, and dimes for next year. Any idea yet where the National will be next year.

I was under the impression that those passes were WAY more than $269. That's an awesome bargain. The next one is in Rosemont, IL; if it wouldn't cost me about three times the cost of the pass to travel to Chicago, I'd love to go!

Good luck on getting yourself to the next one! The fact that you're already planning now is a good sign Smile

rosemont, IL

I can say that the floor layout in Rosemount (Chicago) is a lot better than the one in Baltimore. They also had a lot more tables to sit and eat by the actual food place. The Baltimore one had just 2 tables by any of the 3 food places open. If you wanted a table, you had to walk all the way to the back of the convention floor and I think they had about 10 there. Most of the time, I just found a piece of floor and wall like most people. The bad thing about Chicago is that there is nothing to do around the convention center as there is only a few restaurants and hotels and nothing else. I'll probably stay out in Joliet and drive everyday.