Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having trouble setting up my organize

Having trouble setting up my organize
Hey all,
I hate to do this but I am at a loss. I have followed the wiki and searched and just can't figure it out. I type in a card to my ordganize and it just searches and searches and then tells me it cant find it. I searched for a 1958 Ernie Banks Topps All Star and when I couldnt find that I did a (what I considered) easy search for 1993 Derek Jeter Upper Deck SP 279 and again came up empty. I want to get involved in this community but am unable to get out of the starting gate. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks and sorry for being the noobie...
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

RE: Having trouble setting up my organize
(08-07-2012, 03:06 PM)Point401 Wrote: Hey all,
I hate to do this but I am at a loss. I have followed the wiki and searched and just can't figure it out. I type in a card to my ordganize and it just searches and searches and then tells me it cant find it. I searched for a 1958 Ernie Banks Topps All Star and when I couldnt find that I did a (what I considered) easy search for 1993 Derek Jeter Upper Deck SP 279 and again came up empty. I want to get involved in this community but am unable to get out of the starting gate. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks and sorry for being the noobie...
You need to add cards from the online price guide to your org. Then you can add just what you have. Organizers start empty & are for what you have or mark as wants.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Are you saying you can't find it in the database or you can't find it in your org once you've tried to add it?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

It sounds like you might be searching your Org for cards to add to your Org, which will be unsuccessful since you havent added any yet. Do not use the search bar in your Org, use the one at the top of the page. And this site will only search for exact terms, so keep your searches vague. Instead of looking for "1993 Derek Jeter Upper Deck SP 279", only type "1993 sp jeter", and then check box for the correct search result and add to Org. Instead of searching for "1958 Ernie Banks Topps All Star", search for "1958 Topps ernie banks", because Beckett might list it as "1958 Topps Ernie Banks AS" and since you had "all star" in your search term it would come back as having found no matches. Then after you add your cards you'll have to go back into your Org and mark the correct cards as "for trade". It's a long, painful process, but worth it once you're done and can start trading
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

From what you've described, I think you're including too much data in your search.

Try just searching "1958 Topps Banks" and "1993 Jeter 279" and I bet you'll find your cards.

The search is VERY literal - it has to find every word in your search in the item or it won't return it. Beckett listings don't generally include descriptive terms like "All Star" and SP is listed as just that - not "Upper Deck SP".

Usually just a year, name & card number will generally suffice.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I was right, Beckett lists the Banks as "1958 Topps #482 Ernie Banks AS", so when you typed out "all star" it excluded what you were looking for
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

All,
Thanks for your insight, patience and responses. I was indeed being too specific but it is still not loading the cards. I did a search for "1958 Ernie Banks" and it just keeps searching and never shows me any results. I even left my computer to give it five minutes to load and it was still loading when I returned. Any other tips or tricks as I am not ready to give up just yet...

(08-07-2012, 04:10 PM)Point401 Wrote: All,
Thanks for your insight, patience and responses. I was indeed being too specific but it is still not loading the cards. I did a search for "1958 Ernie Banks" and it just keeps searching and never shows me any results. I even left my computer to give it five minutes to load and it was still loading when I returned. Any other tips or tricks as I am not ready to give up just yet...
I just did a quick "1958 Ernie Banks" search and it took approx 3 sec for the cards to load. I am using Google Chrome as my browser. Also sometimes when the site is running slow I just log out and log back on or press refresh and that helps as well.

Always looking for more Dodgers, Raiders, Kobe, and USC Trojans.

THANKS!!!!

I downloaded google chrome and it now works like a charm! Thanks for all the help, I will be trading soon! Cheers.

I think you need to follow the advice above about adding from the price guide box, and not the org box. I had the same troubles when I started.

Don't click on "organize" to add. Click on the price guide box, search for your card in that box. There will be a button THERE that says "add to org" on the right.

Sounds like you're searching in your org for cards that have not been added yet... And yes, you will need to learn how to word things when searching. My advice is to use as little info as possible while still being descriptive...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint