`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National and the Bowman Platinum redemption

National and the Bowman Platinum redemption
Topps did a redemption at the National for those who brought an unopened box of 2012 Bowman Platinum. Redemption was limited to the first 100 each day of the show. I have no problem with limiting the number, but I do object to the way Topps handled it. On Friday (which was the only day I could participate) I got to the entrance line over 30 minutes early, then when the doors opened (at 9:30 for VIPS) I moved as fast as my ancient legs would take me to get into the Topps line. There I languished for an hour and a half, only to get within sniffing distance of the table (two people in front of me) and hear them say "no more Platinum redemptions". Two people short! To say I was pissed is putting it mildly. Could not Topps figure out some way (tickets, anyone?) to let the people know definitely whether they were going to get a redemption without having to stand in line for an hour and a half? I'll never do it again.

RE: National and the Bowman Platinum redemption
I agree. Topps handled that promo rather poorly.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Sorry to here about that. I hope you atleast got a decent box of Platinum.

(08-07-2012, 11:19 AM)cwqjr Wrote: Topps did a redemption at the National for those who brought an unopened box of 2012 Bowman Platinum. Redemption was limited to the first 100 each day of the show. I have no problem with limiting the number, but I do object to the way Topps handled it. On Friday (which was the only day I could participate) I got to the entrance line over 30 minutes early, then when the doors opened (at 9:30 for VIPS) I moved as fast as my ancient legs would take me to get into the Topps line. There I languished for an hour and a half, only to get within sniffing distance of the table (two people in front of me) and hear them say "no more Platinum redemptions". Two people short! To say I was pissed is putting it mildly. Could not Topps figure out some way (tickets, anyone?) to let the people know definitely whether they were going to get a redemption without having to stand in line for an hour and a half? I'll never do it again.
That was my fear while I was waiting in the line on Wednesday night for 45 minutes, but it did work out for me.