`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I miss it? Is the Strasburg hype finally dying?

Did I miss it? Is the Strasburg hype finally dying?
I havent been paying much attention to baseball since I cut cable and the Phillies arent doing so well, but have noticed that some Strasburg autos are coming down to a fraction of what they once were.
From what I can see it doesnt look like hes doing horrible, so why the drop?

RE: Did I miss it? Is the Strasburg hype finally dying?
cuz everyones on the Harper and Trout bandwagon
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

Last years crop!!!! Lol. Out with the old in with the new. Harper, trout, darvish, and so on. Also he can only pitch something like 165innimgs this year so he will be shut down soon.

watch out soon ichiro will have a soon added increas once topps update comes out due to a yankee card in the making. but year every year this happens. this is why i started collection yankee prospects now before they start moving up and going crazy

same thing will happen to bryce harper next year. that's why I sold my harper auto.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(08-06-2012, 09:36 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: cuz everyones on the Harper and Trout bandwagon
Ditto....Strasburg is old news!!Wink
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

i also noticed lately that alot of strasburg stuff from '10 that people were trying to sell now was less then $200 when a year ago it was going for about $600 lol maybe by the end of his career it will return to that price or even surpass it but i wouldnt hold my breathe.
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

I think the fact that he basically missed his second season due to an elbow injury and ensuing TJ surgery put a big ding in his market. The hype naturaly died down. I think it'll perk up a bit once he establishes himself as an elite pitcher. It won't hurt either if the Nationals become a force in the NL East. Harper, I think, has a legitimate shot to live up the hype. The same was said about J.D. Drew, Pat Burell, and countless others, so you never know. What sets Harper apart is the fact that he's NINETEEN and has had a solid first season (even if he has cooled off a bit). Similarly, I think Trout is the real deal. He can hit, he can run, he can field. It's hard to say whether anyone can live up to their hype, but I think those two have a pretty good shot. If anyone disagrees, feel free to unload your Trout/Harper cards. I'll trade in your favor across the board.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

id say strasburg is the real deal.....id say harper and trout are also the real deal

weve been blessed with a phenominal crop of rookies the last 3 +years(heyward,hosmer,belt,freeman)

I've noticed the same cooling trend with Posey's cards. Even though this was his first year as an all star and he's been scorching hot since it's break (.450/.506/.772. Six homers and seven 2B's in 79 AB's). Yet he's still in the shadow of Trout, Harper, Darvish etc... It's all about ROOKIE HYPE. I'm sure Harper will be replaced by Starling.