`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay sellers: bewar of this buyer!!

RE: ebay sellers: bewar of this buyer!!
(08-07-2012, 08:17 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: I'll do you one better: I had a buyer who went to the trouble of filing the claim after trying to have me refund completely without requiring a return. I gladly agreed to having them return the item and when pressed for a confirmation number they provided one of 12345. I actually called Paypal and asked them how the confirmation number could be the same as the combination for my luggage.
And they really think we are that dumb..here is a #..how is that??
Man..some people...

(08-07-2012, 08:17 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: I gladly agreed to having them return the item and when pressed for a confirmation number they provided one of 12345. I actually called Paypal and asked them how the confirmation number could be the same as the combination for my luggage.
Hahahah! That's priceless! I'm glad I have yet to have a customer like that! Granted, I probably just jinxed myself. But, with the prices of some of these cards, even with confirmation, insurance, materials, shipping fee, time wasted getting item(s) together - it can seriously hurt your income! Honestly, I make more on ebay than I do at my 9-5 at minimum wage, issues like this would kill me.

UPDATED - RE: ebay sellers: beware of this buyer!!
So I took advice from you guys (Thanks!!) and just told her to return the card as the Return Policy states - never heard anything from her, and today (weeks later) I received positive feedback from her for the transaction - and from what I can tell she didn't even ding my stars!

I looked through her feedback left for others and it seems like she has done this sort of thing before - found multiple ones where she stated something like "thanks for working with me on the issues" - I'm guessing the "refund half of the $" thing works for her sometimes.

Thanks again for the advice

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

Glad it turned out well for you and thanks for posting the username. They will shortly be added to my blocked bidder list that seems to grow by the day with all of the scammers out there.