`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-PEE-CHEE MJ?

O-PEE-CHEE MJ?
I just picked up a card on Ebay that is listed as '1997-98 TOPPS OPC O-PEE-CHEE MICHAEL JORDAN' The BGS label is listed as an O-PEE-CHEE but the card is missing the stamp? Is this card just missing the stamp or do some of the O-PEE-CHEE cards just not have the stamp?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180940792166?ssP...1497.l2649
Okay, I feel stupid now...The stamp is there. If you look VERY close you can see a little of the stamp.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

RE: O-PEE-CHEE MJ?
it has the stamp top left,I have the Penny and thats all mine has is the O-Pee-Chee stamp where topps is.these are hard to find! nice pick up

[Image: 97-98toppsopeechee.jpg]
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

Good call Aarhart. If you zoom in on the MJ you can see it, but it is faint as it blends in with the background colors.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Thanks aarhart1985 for the photo to compare. I could see just a little bit of the stamp once I posted this. It's hidden very well. haha

no problem man! i think you got that for a good price

Nice pick up! They are very hard to find, I have been looking for the Weatherspoon one for years
Collecting Clarence Weatherspoon

I wasn't too sure if it was that great of a deal or not but I don’t see them come up to much. Thought I would give it a shot. (Didn’t think I was going to win the bid).

Years for a Weatherspoon?! Oh wow, I'll keep my eye out for one. I'll know what way to send it now.

the lady who i purchased mine from had nearly an entire set on EBAY and her listing was a bit off I conviced her to sell me the Anfernee Hardaway seperate and she did for like $10 is all.I had never seen another Penny Hardaway O-Pee-Chee atleast that i can think of so i know these suckers are a rare find.They crom from Canada retail packs which were stated 1:18 packs (i think) while being very short printed due to lack of demand for basketball in Canada at that particular time.Big set + 1:18 odds from an already short printed production = Pretty darn rare!

For sure! I just checked the pop report on the MJ and it has only 4 graded. 1 - 8.5, 2 - 9, and 1 - 9.5. Thanks for the info on these cards! Didn't know anything about them.

(08-07-2012, 04:15 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: I wasn't too sure if it was that great of a deal or not but I don’t see them come up to much. Thought I would give it a shot. (Didn’t think I was going to win the bid).

Years for a Weatherspoon?! Oh wow, I'll keep my eye out for one. I'll know what way to send it now.
Tell me about it!
Thanks for that, any weatherspoons you come across (besides base) be sure to let me know please Smile
Collecting Clarence Weatherspoon